At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an Industrial Hygienist for the Stationary and Office Supplies Division Plant located in Hutchinson, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Industrial Hygienist
will be responsible for implementing a comprehensive industrial hygiene program, anticipating, recognizing, evaluating and control of noise and chemical exposures.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Leads incident investigations impacting employee health
- Develops and implements comprehensive industrial hygiene program consisting of such components as hearing conservation, respiratory protection and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Manages all Industrial Hygiene (IH)related internal company requirements, i.e. Global Safety and Health Plan (GSHP) elements
- Conducts personal sampling to determine potential impact from environmental factors
- Develops & conducts IH-related training
- Conducts Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) investigations & determines appropriate remediation
- Review new chemical compositions entering the facility for IH concerns
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a Science discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years of combined experience working in an Industrial Hygiene, Safety and/or Environmental position
- Master's degree in Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Health & Safety, Public Health or related discipline from an accredited institution
- American Board of Industrial Hygiene, Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or willingness to obtain within the first 18 months of employment at 3M
- Experience in a plant manufacturing environment
- Experience in investigation of IAQ issues
- Experience with an IH data management program (such as WorkCHEC-applies to internal applicants only)
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Microsoft Office proficient
Up to 5% domesticRelocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.