At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an Industrial Maintenance Electrician for the Corporate Business Group located in Cottage Grove, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Industrial Maintenance Electrician
will be responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, modifying, calibrating and making adjustments to electrical equipment, sensors, controls, wiring systems, and industrial processing systems used in production, laboratory, office and utility areas. This is a multi-skilled electrical maintenance position at 3M Cottage Grove.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position will require:
- Responds to Shop Work Orders in performing maintenance and repair tasks in a safe manner
- Implements and improves preventive maintenance procedures
- Determines parts, tools, and supplies necessary for the jobs
- Documents work activities in the work order CMMS
- Willingness to learn and expand craft skills
This position may require:
- Working either first, second, or third shift depending on shift availability
- Working overtime
- Weekend work
- Working holidays as needed
- Short notice call in
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Possess a current and valid Minnesota Class A Journeyman electrician certificate or license
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in industrial electrical maintenance
- Possess an associate's degree in an electrical or electronics discipline
- Basic computer knowledge
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical rules and regulations as stipulated in the National Electrical Code and locate electrical codes
- Knowledge of power distribution and motor control centers
- Experience working with AC & DC variable speed motor controls
- Experience working with PLCs and Process Controls
- Experience operating hand tools, small power tools, multi-meters and various test equipment
- Experience reading blueprints, wiring diagrams, equipment manuals and troubleshooting problems to make adjustments and repairs
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with other people
Cottage Grove, MN Relocation:
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status.)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.