At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic for the Cottage Grove Plant Engineering Operations/Materials Resource Division/ Corporate Staffing Group located in Cottage Grove, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
will be responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, modifying, and making adjustments to mechanical equipment, piping and piping systems, fixtures, and equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, and industrial processing systems used in manufacturing production, laboratory, office and utility areas. This is a multi-skilled mechanical maintenance position at 3M Cottage Grove.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position may require:
- Responds to Shop Work Orders in performing maintenance and repair tasks in a safe manner
- Implements and improves preventive maintenance procedures
- Determines parts, tools, and supplies necessary for the jobs
- Documents work activities in the work order CMMS
- Learn and expand craft skills
- Weekend work
- Working overtime
- Working on holidays as needed
- Short notice shift coverage
- Working 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift depending on shift availability
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in industrial mechanical maintenance
- Two (2) year degree in a mechanical technology discipline
- At least one year of experience running basic machining equipment (turning, milling, welding)
- Apprenticeship certificate in mechanical or industrial field
- A current and valid MN Journeyman High Pressure Pipefitter (HPP) license
- A current and valid state of Minnesota Journeyman plumbers license
- Basic computer knowledge
- Knowledge of operating principles, purpose, proper application and design limitation of metallic and non-metallic piping systems and systems components
- Knowledge of operating principles, purpose, proper application and design limitation of tools, equipment, and devices used in the moving and installation of machinery such as hoists, cranes, lift trucks, dollies, rollers, jacks, welding and cutting equipment and a variety of hand tools
- Knowledge of operating principles, purpose, proper application and design limitations of mechanical and hydraulic power transmission components or elements such as shafts, bearings, gears, pulleys, belts, chains, seals, fasteners, couplings, brakes, clutches, pumps, valves and similar devices
- Skilled in operating and using hand tools, wrenches, air and electric powered portable hand tools, machine tools, and a variety of testing equipment
- Ability to read and interpret measurement instruments and troubleshooting equipment malfunctions
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with other people
Cottage Grove, MN Relocation: Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status.)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.