Grow with us in one of our state-of-the-art baking/production facilities! By utilizing your strong communication skills and attention to detail you'll help us prepare some of the world's most favorite products for shipment. You'll also collaborate with many diverse people and perspectives, and be a part of the united values and winning culture at Kellogg! WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as an Industrial Packaging Mechanic at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
Qualifications: WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Maintaining production through preventative maintenance, mechanical repairs, and in depth mechanical troubleshooting on high speed packaging machinery
- Reading prints or operating instructions to identify part(s) and determine proper operating and repair procedures
- Disassembling, assembling, and performing major equipment overhauls as needed
- Calibrating, adjusting , replacing worn parts, greasing and visual inspections on all machinery to minimize downtimes
- Performing planned corrective work orders
- Following all standard safety, GMP, and plant rules and procedures
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in the Industrial Packaging Mechanic position, to be considered you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Previous experience as an industrial mechanic in a manufacturing setting, or a related position
- Physically must be able to stand for long hours and be able to lift at or above waist at a maximum of fifty pounds
- Must be flexible with work scheduling as well as overtime and holidays
- Advanced knowledge of all hand, power, and pneumatic tools
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to follow instructions, verbal and written
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Basic computer skills
- Previous food manufacturing experience
- Experience in repairing machine packaging equipment
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.
A little about us: