We are currently assisting a local client with a unique Industrial Packer opening for their Shelby Township, MI warehouse. This is a contract to hire opportunity. As an Industrial Packer, you will perform one or more industrial packaging functions, including trimming and assembling gaskets. Please review the information below & reply or call if you are interested, and meet the minimum qualifications:
PACKER PRIMARY PURPOSE-
Perform one or more packaging functions such as trimming and assembling gaskets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Visually inspect product to quality requirements, including size and configuration
• Clean, trim and correctly label parts
• When using gaskets, make sure all parts are assembled properly
• Pack parts into boxes and properly seal using tape machine
• Stamp boxes with personal packer stamp
• Construct pallets and prepare them for pick up by Material Handler
• Keep work area clean, organized and free of debris to maintain a safe facility
• Construct boxes and put appropriate labels on boxes
• Empty grind buckets
• Ensure that gaskets, rings and other necessary materials are stocked before leaving press
• Assist in physical inventories
• Comply with all Employee Conduct and Work Rules; comply with all policies contained in the Employee Handbook
• Perform all other duties as assigned
• Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
• Must have ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
• Must have steel toe boots
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
• Knowledge of part complexities
• Meet qualifications of job through education, training or prior experience
• Proper use of cutters and clippers
• Must maintain and attitude of safety awareness and responsibly
Must be physically able to perform all tasks and duties as described throughout this job description; ability to bend, stoop and carry heavy objects weighing up to 40 pounds. Sufficiently mobile to function in a shop floor environment that includes the ability to crawl, kneel, lift, pull, sit, stand and walk for shifts working up to a 12 hours. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
3 twelve (12) hour days plus alternating Saturdays
SMT 6p-6a $10.75/hour
WTF 6p-6a $10.75/hour
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.