Industrial Process Engineer (Job Number: 024739)
Deerfield Corp North - 304 WILMOT RD
304 WILMOT RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
- managing the development and maintenance of standard operating procedures.
- successfully executing process improvement projects and strategic initiatives.
- recommending process solutions that optimize end-to-end supply chain productivity and efficiency while maintaining safety, quality, and customer service standards.
- Manages the establishment and maintenance of the chain-wide documentation for standard operating procedures, benchmarks, and best practices at the U.S. retail distribution centers.
- Evaluates the operational impacts of strategic projects and initiatives by conducting workflow analyses, value engineering, and operations research.
- Manages multiple strategic projects and initiatives and their respective teams with a focus on new and innovate ways of doing business.
- Develops project schedules, milestones, and budgets. Responsible for delivering key updates and recommendations to senior leadership.
- Leads and contributes to the development of budgets and business cases supporting both short-range and long-range planning.
- Participates in functional and cross functional teams to meet objectives, improve processes, and improve stakeholder satisfaction. Collaborates with Operations Management to develop lean, process-driven solutions.
- Designs and implements system and process solutions that optimize end-to-end supply chain productivity and efficiency while maintaining safety, quality, and customer service standards.
- Coordinates cross-divisionally to align project outcomes with both short-term and long-term strategic business goals.
- Collaborates with Operations Management to develop lean, process-driven solutions.
- May implement innovative processes or changes that support the goals of the department.
- Provides coaching, mentorship, and technical expertise to other engineers.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 4 years of experience in Engineering/ Business/Supply Chain Management or High School Diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience in Engineering/Supply Chain Management.
- Experience with work measurement, time studies and standard work.
- Willing to travel up to 50% (within state and out of state).
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma (i.e. Value Stream Mapping, DMAIC, Cause and Effect), leading continuous improvement projects a plus (i.e. Kaizen experience).
- Experience in warehouse and distribution center operations (i.e. case picking, each picking, replenishment, slotting, etc.).
- At least 2 years of logistics, material handling, or warehouse and distribution center experience.
- Experience leading cross functional teams in project development and process improvements.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience with cost/benefit analysis, cost justification, and/or business case development.
- Experience in in MS Office Suite, MS Project, Warehouse Management System (WMS), Visio Mapping.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.