The Industrial Quality Engineer (IQL) is a risk manager. Outside of Schneider Electric the IQL is often referred to as an Advanced Quality Engineer. The IQL is responsible for the advanced quality planning process for New Product Development (NPD). The IQL engages with product designers early in the Offer Creation Process to become an expert on the product, components, and risks associated with each. After gaining the product knowledge, the IQL drives the deployment or the Industrial Quality Approach that focuses on ensuring quality of each upstream supply chain field and internal process.
For upstream supply chains / Components & Sub-Assemblies the IQL:
· owns the component risk dashboard.
· leads the collaboration of the component risk analysis.
· creates the verification plan for each component and sub-assembly.
· leads the PPEP (Part Product Evaluation Plan).
· drives the requirements of our suppliers to reach quality goals and proper controls.
· leads the planning and execution of component qualification.
For internal processes the IQL:
· leads the Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) to ensure the proper level of quality is built into the processes.
· ensures quality items are included in the equipment, tool, and process qualification plans.
· creates the Process Quality Control Plan (PQCP) that ensures all engineering specifications have been reviewed and are under control.
Additionally, the IQL:
· Transfers process quality data and requirements to suppliers and Schneider manufacturing facilities.
· Deliver PQCP and Component Quality Control Plans (CQCPs) to the plants for creation of Process Control Plans, Receiving Inspection, etc.
· Leads quality issue resolution all along the project including the production pilot.
· Supports and trains cross functions on methods and tools needed to reach robustness, capability, and quality targets.
Driven, collaborative, straight forward, challenging/accepts challenge, open, passionate, effective
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Others
• Proficient in English
• Quality skills equivalent to a Six Sigma Green Belt
• PFMEA and Control Plan execution
• Design for Quality/Manufacturing knowledge
• GD&T exposure and understanding
• Understanding of measurement technologies their application and limitations.
• Experience with assembly, sheet metal fabrication, stamping, and molding
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
• 3 years - Plant level Quality Engineer, Supplier Quality Engineer, or equivalent
• New product/process development experience a plus
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering preferred
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.