IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.The Industry Account Manager - Homeland Security
will be part of IBM's Global Business Services (GBS) US Public Sector Federal team, responsible for Account Management including Business Development as well as P&L in the Homeland Security industry. This resource integrates IBM delivery, selling and technical resources to develop and propose differentiated solutions that address Federal client business needs; deliver client value; and support IBM and GBS business strategies. Must lead and/or support concurrent initiatives and tasks needed to advance business development initiatives, opportunities and proposals. Must be able to identify additional work associated with current clients/activities, as well as identify and close on new work. In addition, this person must oversee the financial performance of Homeland Security projects and build senior and mid level leadership relationships across the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Enterprise.
Specifically, this role will:
- Contribute to growth in IBM Global Business Services (GBS) new business, revenue and profit
- Build, grow, and steward client and business partner relationships
- Assist in assuring client satisfaction and maintaining a strong client relationship through delivery excellence
- Manage the financial performance of account projects
- Manage B&P, marketing and special project budgets
- Manage cross brand initiatives
- Manage the financial performance and timely payments of account projects
- Work with delivery organizations to ensure staffing/talent strategy and investment is aligned with account growth and strategy
- Support sales teams within a matrixed corporate organization and will need to master internal processes and practices
The successful candidate must be equally skilled at building internal relationships as those with clients and business partners.BENEFITS
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population. CAREER GROWTH
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.