The Industry Channel Manager will be responsible for sales growth of Industry Business products through Specialist and General distributors. This position will collaborate with Offer Management to deliver distributor programs and promotions for Automation and Control products. The Industry Chanel Manager will also collaborate closely with the National Sales Channel Team to understand and address distributor needs to accelerate share growth.
Candidate must have a strong ability to develop and execute business plans, clearly communicate a compelling message to our distributors regarding the advantages of Schneider’s Electric’s Industry product and solution offers and thrive in a highly matrixed organization.
This person must understand the concepts of product marketing and sales.
Key Responsibilities to include:
1. Develop, deliver, and coordinate implementation of the Industry Business Channel Strategy
2. Drive Industry Product growth through all channel partners – Specialized and Diffuse.
3. Maintain close contact and coordination with local and regional Distributor sales management and sales teams.
4. Support development of growth-orientated business plans, establishing measures of performance to drive mutual accountability.
5. Collaborate with Product Offer teams to deliver effective promotions and programs
6. Understand distributor needs and advocate them to the US Industry Business
7. Leverage the channel for cross selling optimization.
8. Leverage internal and external resources to deliver compelling integrated marketing programs
9. Collaborate with the Training team to improve distributor competency development, resource utilization and program execution.
10. Generate new business by strategic alignment with other internal sales channels.
11. Provide Industry Business management with regular business updates, highlighting performance and escalating issues as necessary
12. Promote partnership, training, and certification to all Channel Partners
13. Understand the channel country landscape and business performance
14. Lead Industry commitments on the new channel program and on the business objectives ndustry Qualifications:
Solid understanding of industrial automation & controls; i.e. PLC, HMI, VFD, Motor Control, Pushbuttons, Relays, Signaling. In depth knowledge is a plus.
Minimum 7 years sales experience working with Distributors
Bachelor's degree, engineering preferred.
Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
Entrepreneurial mindset and highly motivated
Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization
Demonstrated strengths in relationship building, problem solving, and solutions selling
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.