Industry Principal - Retail and Consumer Goods
This position is responsible for driving the adoption of industry solutions in Retail and Consumer Goods globally, with a specific focus on North America. The solutions in scope will target the ERP, EPM and SCM space. This individual will be responsible for all phases of solution selling, including solution strategy and business planning, solution design, solution development, partner enablement, sales enablement and go-to-market execution.
The Retail/CG Industry Principal will work closely with the his ISG peers, Sales, Sales Consulting, Product Development, Product Marketing and Alliance & Channels in order to design, deliver and execute the solution strategy.
- Solution Development
• Lead industry solution and use case design and development.
• Develop solution specifications in collaboration with Sales and Sales Consulting.
• Validate solution and use case design with customers.
• Build demo storyboards and solution architectures.
• Work with ISG Engineering team to develop demo assets.
- Sales and Marketing Content Development and Publication
• Build the industry solution messaging, incl. solution decks, solution battlecards, whiteboards, and other assets required for solution launch
• Define and execute asset publication strategy across Oracle internal and external sites, and across social media.
- Field Enablement
• Train and support Sales, Sales Consulting and other field-facing teams (KADs, GCAs, etc.) on how to present and position the Oracle industry strategies, solutions and use cases.
• Work with Sales and Sales Consulting to design and launch sales plays and sales campaigns.
- Partner Enablement
• Identify, prioritize and train solution SI and ISV partners in collaboration with Alliances & Channels, Sales and Sales Consulting.
SKILLS - Solutioning skills - ability to connect Oracle products to customer problems and design compelling xLOB solutions
- Consulting skills - ability to develop consultative and trusted advisor relationship with key stakeholders; ability to discover and identify issues and opportunities; ability to leverage business acumen to develop compelling business case and value proposition
- Leadership skills - ability to develop compelling vision and to command attention and commitment from Oracle teams, customers and partners
- Executive communication skills - ability to effectively communicate with all parties, including customer executives, internal cross-functional teams and partners
- Presentation and messaging skills - ability to fully understand Oracle's corporate and industry solution messaging; ability to build executive presentations and effectively present them in front of internal and external audiences
- Interpersonal and collaboration skills - ability to collaborate with all stakeholders in an open, respectful manner in order to keep them motivated, engaged and committed
- Time management skills - ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize under tight deadlines
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- A total of 10-15 years' experience with a combination of working for a major company in the industry, a software company and a major SI in Retail and/or CG-related fields
- Knowledge of Retail and CG processes and solutions in the ERP, EPM and SCM space
- BA/BS/MS degree in related field
Overlay sales personnel providing specialist product expertise to the sales force.
Partners with Account, Technology, and Application sales representatives to qualify and close new business on Oracle solutions. Provides specific industry or product expertise to facilitate the closing of deals within sales representatives territory. Interacts with sales team to architect the solution, and develop and execute solution strategies for market. Manages solution opportunities to obtain appropriate and necessary resources for all qualified opportunities. Leads teams in the sales process for establishing market visibility and deal visibility. Presents/demonstrates solution to high level clients and industry conference attendees. May provide training to field sales on industry/solutions. Builds and maintains a network and up to date specific industry or product knowledge.
Acknowledged authority within the Corporation. Provides leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. 12 years applicable experience preferred. Subject matter expertise in industry/product space. Knowledge of key industry leaders and management. Knowledge of Oracle competition. Presentation and product demonstration experience. Previous consultative selling experience preferred. Excellent communication, negotiating, and closing skills with prospects and customers. Travel may be needed. BA/BS degree in related field.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.