Industry Principal - Retail and Consumer Goods
This position is responsible for driving the adoption of industry solutions in Retail and Consumer Goods globally, with a specific focus on North America. The solutions in scope will target the ERP, EPM and SCM space. This individual will be responsible for all phases of solution selling, including solution strategy and business planning, solution design, solution development, partner enablement, sales enablement and go-to-market execution.
The Retail/CG Industry Principal will work closely with the his ISG peers, Sales, Sales Consulting, Product Development, Product Marketing and Alliance & Channels in order to design, deliver and execute the solution strategy.
- Solution Development
- Lead industry solution and use case design and development.
- Develop solution specifications in collaboration with Sales and Sales Consulting.
- Validate solution and use case design with customers.
- Build demo storyboards and solution architectures.
- Work with ISG Engineering team to develop demo assets.
- Sales and Marketing Content Development and Publication
- Build the industry solution messaging, incl. solution decks, solution battlecards, whiteboards, and other assets required for solution launch
- Define and execute asset publication strategy across Oracle internal and external sites, and across social media.
- Field Enablement
- Train and support Sales, Sales Consulting and other field-facing teams (KADs, GCAs, etc.) on how to present and position the Oracle industry strategies, solutions and use cases.
- Work with Sales and Sales Consulting to design and launch sales plays and sales campaigns.
- Partner Enablement
- Identify, prioritize and train solution SI and ISV partners in collaboration with Alliances & Channels, Sales and Sales Consulting.
- Solutioning skills - ability to connect Oracle products to customer problems and design compelling xLOB solutions
- Consulting skills - ability to develop consultative and trusted advisor relationship with key stakeholders; ability to discover and identify issues and opportunities; ability to leverage business acumen to develop compelling business case and value proposition
- Leadership skills - ability to develop compelling vision and to command attention and commitment from Oracle teams, customers and partners
- Executive communication skills - ability to effectively communicate with all parties, including customer executives, internal cross-functional teams and partners
- Presentation and messaging skills - ability to fully understand Oracle's corporate and industry solution messaging; ability to build executive presentations and effectively present them in front of internal and external audiences
- Interpersonal and collaboration skills - ability to collaborate with all stakeholders in an open, respectful manner in order to keep them motivated, engaged and committed
- Time management skills - ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize under tight deadlines
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law. Qualifications:
- A total of 10-15 years' experience with a combination of working for a major company in the industry, a software company and a major SI in Retail and/or CG-related fields
- Knowledge of Retail and CG processes and solutions in the ERP, EPM and SCM space
- BA/BS/MS degree in related field
Development and implementation of business plans, marketing strategy, and forecasts for a product/service or vertical market.
As a product analyst you will participate in every stage of the product life cycle to ensure product meets the needs of users. Drive the implementation of programs in support of the marketing strategy, business plans, and forecasts for assigned product lines. Maintains current status of customer specifications for existing and future products. Identify, evaluate, and recommend marketing opportunities in support of product line objectives. Drive product functionality delivering high quality product documentation. Lead products through scheduled release assisting others to manage commitments and resources. Measure and report progress and review deliverables.
Acknowledged authority within the Corporation. Provides leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Demonstrated product/project management experience. Ability to work with Executives. Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent written and verbal communication. Demonstrated product/project management experience. Creative, energetic, and enthusiastic. Team player. Experience using or implementing Oracle, SAP, or Peoplesoft applications. Basic HTML and web technology skills a plus. BA/BS/MBA degree.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.