Must have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Computer/Electronic/Electrical), or a related field, plus 7 years of experience (of which 5 years must be progressive post-baccalaureate) in the implementation and testing of real-time operations monitoring and control systems for electric utilities.
• Of the required experience, 5 years of experience must be in supporting one of the following: 1. Working with customers to gather and develop technical requirements; 2. Development of a solution design and system architecture; 3. Development of the customer's Technical Specifications and RFPs; 4. Vendor evaluation and selection process; 5. Development of a vendor Statement of Work; 6. Development of gap analysis and system risk assessments; OR 7. Implementation of the selected systems through the entire System Development Life Cycle including database and display development/conversion.
• Must have experience in: design and build activities; system integration and testing; system cutover planning; support of parallel operations and/or trial cutover; user acceptance testing; and, system commissioning.
• Must have experience in one of the following areas:
(1) Distribution Automation (DA): DA Solutions including the development of DA device deployment procedures and project plans, settings and point mapping deployment; training and documentation; DA device application and DA device to Distribution-SCADA/Distribution Management System (DMS) interface and communication protocols including one or more of: capacitor bank controls, line voltage regulator controls, load tap changer controls, recloser controls and/or substation relaying (as related to DA deployments and DMS advance application functions); DA vendor products including experience with one or more of the following vendors: Cooper, S&C Beckwith, S&C, ABB Cooper; DA System Implementation including remote device setting development and implementation, point mapping and interface with head end systems;
(2) SCADA/Energy Management Systems (EMS)/Generation Management Systems (GMS): SCADA, EMS and GMS systems including design and integration of control and data acquisition systems, detailed engineering, procurement, factory acceptance tests, pre-commissioning and commissioning activities, maintenance and troubleshooting; SCADA, EMS, GMS and Historians systems and applications including the following: System Architecture and Configuration, and SCADA Applications (Data Processing, RTI Communications, ICCP, and Alarming); Generation Control and Dispatch applications; Transmission Network Analysis applications or Dispatcher Training Simulation functions; SCADA, EMS and GMS vendor products including experience with one or more of the following: ABB, Alstom Grid, GE Energy, OSI, or Siemens Energy.
• Must have willingness and ability to travel domestically approximately 80% of the time to meet client needs.
To apply, please click the ‘APPLY’ button.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Want to stay connected with Accenture about other opportunities that may be right for you? Join our Talent Network.