What does it mean to work for Microsoft Corp - Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking - a cloud-enabled world. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations. We deeply care about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
What does it mean to work in the Health Industry Team - The Health Industry business at Microsoft is a multi-billion-dollar business reaching over 180 countries, delivered through deep engagement with partners and customers. Innovations driving digital transformation and cloud adoption are anchored in the shift from having systems of record (traditional EMRs) to delivering systems of insight and systems of engagement - unlocking the promise of population health management and coordination of care. Microsoft is helping shape and drive this transformation in health by delivering solution on secure and compliant platforms which empower care givers as well as patients/citizens globally.
The focus of this Role on the Team - As the Worldwide Health Industry Technology Strategist (ITS) on the Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) Health Team, you will serve as the Chief Information Security Officer and Chief Standards Officers. You will be working with field Health leadership, key stakeholders in the Engineering teams (C+E, O365, Dynamics), CELA, WWPS Office of the CTO, Marketing, Services, Cloud Solution Architects, Data Solution Architect, and Partner organizations to deliver an integrated technology strategy, with compliance and security in mind, for growing our Health business. Key to success in this role will be a focus in understanding privacy policies for Protected Health Information (PHI) globally, regulatory compliance, risk assessments-risk management and deep security knowledge.
Additional responsibilities include to drive key business initiatives and projects for the organization and have significant expectations on driving Microsoft’s health strategy, industry architecture, industry standards, solutions focus, and through-partner execution. Who we’re looking for - Candidates must have demonstrated skills and experience in the following areas:
• Understanding with the concepts of data privacy and regulatory compliance in the health industry like HIPAA, the EU Data Protection Directive and international information security standards like the ISO 270xx series.
• Experienced communicator who can cast security in the language in health business terms, discussing Microsoft’s security strategy to C-level executives, senior health government representatives and regulators.
• Experience in a global environment and be sensitive to different government sentiments towards Microsoft/American providers
• A proven track record of success at senior management levels in a global technology corporation (preferably Fortune 500) or senior position focused on security - e.g., CISO, CSO, or equivalent.
• Experience with Health Level-7 interoperability standards (HL7).
• Deep technical expertise and understanding of cloud computing technologies (computing, cloud storage, business analytics, internet of things), business drivers and emerging computing trends with ability to connect technology with measurable business value (worked in enterprise architect roles for the target solutions).
• Excellent written and spoken English is a prerequisite.
• The successful candidate must also have excellent engagement, management, negotiations, communication, public speaking skills and a flare for creativity.
• Ability to manage across multiple organizations by influence will be critical to successful execution of the objectives.
• 5+ years industry domain expertise working in business roles at a company in the health industry 5+ years with strong track record of industry solution selling to BDMs, based on business value principles, including 5 years of experience selling cloud industry solution
• Computer Science, Business, or related degree, or equivalent experience.
• MS degree or MBA or MS degree in target industry all a plus.
• Azure technical certifications highly desired.
• CISSP highly desired.
• CIPP highly desired
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.