Under limited direction, plans and coordinates the hospital-wide infection prevention and control program.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
• Conduct and design surveillance and epidemiological investigations.
• Identify infectious disease processes and investigate, communicate and report as appropriate.
• Assist with the education of staff and patients/families on the prevention and control of transmission of infections.
• Participate in the formulation and revision of policies and procedures addressing infection control.
• Collaborate with Employee Health Department to prevent the transmission of infections and to manage exposures.
• Identify and implement infection prevention and control strategies.
• Compile and communicate information on the infection prevention and control program.
• Submit required data to NHSN or other regulatory agencies.
• Ensure compliance with state and local reporting of communicable diseases.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor's Degree in a healthcare or related field. Master's preferred.
Experience: Five (5) years' experience in healthcare or closely related field with experience in infection control prevention or surveillance or performance improvement to decrease hospital acquired infections or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Leadership experience preferred.
Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: Possession of a valid temporary license or permanent license issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse prior to entrance on duty. Permanent license must be obtained within 3 months of appointment. C ertified in Infection Prevention and Control by the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology preferred. BLS upon hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Requires knowledge of the transmission and prevention of infection and epidemiology. Knowledge of performance improvement strategies. Ability to collect, analyze, and report data and to utilize information technology for data reporting and analysis. Requires analytical skills and the ability to interpret a variety of multi-disciplinary tasks. Excellent interpersonal and team work skills. Ability to manage stressful situations. Requires ability to lead teams and implement change.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom