Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Infectious Disease Sales Specialist, HIV, to support the Seattle, WA territory; which includes: Sacramento, Spokane, and Portland.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is a pharmaceutical research and development company. Our mission is to move medicine forward to enable life's moments and milestones.
At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in HIV and other infectious diseases. Driven by our commitment to patients, we develop innovative products, services and healthcare solutions to help people throughout the world. Headquartered in Titusville, New Jersey, Janssen Therapeutics, Division of Janssen Products, LP, is one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies. Please visit http://www.janssentherapeutics.com
for more information.
Recognized as one of the companies at the forefront of HIV research, Janssen Therapeutics also has an anti-TB compound in development and several active discovery programs in HIV, HCV and other life-threatening infectious diseases.
The Infectious Disease Specialist, HIV will:
- Be a field-based representative who executes Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. strategies within the assigned geographical territory.
- Report to the District Manager and is accountable for mastery of the products' clinical efficacy, articulating a value proposition for the customer, providing product support/information as needed, and achieving individual sales quotas.
- Use discretion and judgment to execute the franchise and company brand strategy and tactics within their assigned geographic area within compliance guidelines.
- Influence decision makers by delivering a targeted sales message based on accurate clinical information, uses approved sales and marketing materials, and executes marketing strategies at the local level, leveraging resources appropriately and working successfully with Janssen team members and counterparts to share ideas and information to enhance business results.
- Build customer loyalty and identifying and cultivating new relationships with key decision makers at the local level.
- Analyze local trends, as well as identifying long and short term goals to build a strong product launch business plan.
- Be an acknowledged expert on assigned specialty products and their related markets in all areas relevant to internal and external customers: such as, clinical, technical and health economics.
- Build positive and productive customer relationships with key institutional accounts and providers for the purpose of demand creation for all assigned Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. products.
- Perform market development activities for new products and indications within approved product label.
- Develop a complete understanding of the health care delivery system within each assigned account, including the physician hierarchy, key pharmacy personnel, clinical nursing staff, etc.
- Be responsible for having a basic understanding of reimbursement and understanding of short-and long-term sales potential relevant to percentage of patients treated, patient mix, Managed Care organizations and Specialty Pharmacies, and new protocols or new treatment modalities that impact business potential.
- Partner with District Councils to meet business needs, facilitate product pull through, and communicate across roles and functions, including with the local Account Manager, Community Liaison, and internal stakeholders.
- Develop and follow a territory business plan that aligns to the company business plan strategies.
- Devise and implement customer specific pre- and post-call selling approaches within compliance guidelines, as well as use technology to share approved sales and marketing aids, and document account profiles and activities in the View Point system.
- Identify key insights to drive business planning, provide business intelligence to the District Manager (e.g. assessing risks and opportunities), and maintain a customer database that documents appropriate customer information and contacts that can be shared across the organization.
- Attend and participate in all required sales meetings; complete all required training curriculum in a timely manner; achieve training standards; and organize and complete administrative responsibilities efficiently, including healthcare compliance, expense reporting, call reporting, and other assignments.
- Ensure all requests and assignments meet company requirements and are submitted by established deadlines.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required
- A valid driver's license issued in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in Healthcare Sales or relevant specialty product experience is required.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills as well as a track record of producing and driving results in sales or in a functional group such as commercial operations is required.
- Ability to identify key decision makers, develop strong relationships, and build customer loyalty is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative team is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks is required.
- Candidates must satisfy reasonable credentialing requirements, including, but not limited to TB tests, Hepatitis B vaccine, MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) and Varicella (chicken pox).
- Must reside in close proximity to the geography or be willing to relocate to it.
- Regular territory travel (up to 35%) is required, which may include overnight and/or weekend travel.
United States-Washington-SeattleOther Locations
North America-United States-Washington-Spokane, North America-United States-California-Sacramento, North America-United States-Oregon-PortlandOrganization
Janssen Biotech, Inc. (6014)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.