Full-time opportunity with comprehensive benefits.
Seeking an informatica developer to code, test and debug program as well as maintain and document programs. Assists in the review and analysis of defined systems specifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Codes and prepares test data.
* Codes, tests, and debugs programs.
* Evaluates and modifies existing programs.
* Documents procedures used for completed programs.
* Provides weekly status reports on all completed, on-going and future projects in order to keep management updated on progress.
* Interfaces with users to develop procedures.
* Analyzes system solutions.
* Performs on-call responsibilities.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 18 months to three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Knowledge and skills in the use of specific computer software and programming languages (Visual Basic, COBOL, SQL, C#, .Net, Informatica, DOS, Btrieve, MS Windows, MS Office and LifePRO). Some knowledge of (Visual Studio and VB.NET) would be helpful.
* Attention to detail.
* Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
* Effective oral and written communication.
* Initiative and innovation improving work processes.
* Professionalism and follow-through.
* Adaptable to change, delays and unexpected events.
* Knowledge of principles of superior customer service.
* Knowledge of insurance industry practices, policies, and procedures.
* Knowledge of the principles, practices, methods, and techniques associated with programming of computers and networking equipment.
* Skill in serving internal and external customers.
* Skill in writing and testing computer code.
* Skill in accurately performing mathematical calculations.
* Skill in responding to common inquiries from customers, agencies, or other personnel.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, manuals, and instructions.
* Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
* Ability to write routine reports, correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information and interact in group situations.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions given in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
* Skill in verbal and written communication within the company.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups.
* Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
* Ability to work with mathematical concepts and apply to practical situations.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.