Description Dow Chemical has an opening for an Information Architect located in Saginaw, MI.
Dow seeks a progressive and accomplished Information Architect to develop and maintain Dow's Enterprise Information Architecture. Dow is a science and technology solutions company competing in several key market and industry segments. The successful candidate will work with business and technology teams as part of a global solutions organization (Diamond Systems Solutions). Functional Scope
Roles and Responsibilities
- Enterprise Information Architecture (EIA) strategy, principles, models, standards.
- EIA meta-data definition and relationships. Enterprise level data designs.
- Internal and external information repositories used in reporting, analytics.
- Information Lifecycle Management processes and technologies.
- Enterprise Content Management best practices, procedures and technologies.
- Knowledge Management architecture.
Information Architect Competencies / Critical Success Factors
- Maintain the Enterprise Information Architecture working in close cooperation with Business, System and Technical Architects.
- Define future state information architectures and the roadmaps to achieve same.
- Define the processes and procedures for ensuring data quality and integrity.
- Facilitation of information and data architecture governance in new project developments.
- Monitor and analyze new market and industry developments for potential applicability to Dow business needs.
- Define and drive information lifecycle management efforts to ensure compliance with Dow information policies and practices.
- Provide leadership in ensuring data/information quality practices enable advancements in business performance.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work with multiple layers in the organization. Ability to present business cases to senior leaders.
- Proven ability to collaborate and navigate in a global multi-national environment.
- Architecture methodologies, experience with TOGAF or similar frameworks.
- Information and data modeling.
- Information and data reporting and analysis.
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of program management; project management, and information systems development
- Effective partnership - ability to work the organization to make decisions. Establishes high level of trust with the partners
- Ability to define business impacts of information assets, quality management programs and strategic information analysis.
- 7+ years in IT related projects with a significant focus on information and data aspects
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
Experiences that are an asset in the role:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Business, Marketing or related fields
- Enterprise Data/Information architecture leadership.
- Enterprise Systems implementation, a proven track record in implementing large systems with significant data and information / reporting /analytics implications.
- Experience in implementing data lakes in support of Data as a Service
- Experience in implementing "Industrial Internet of Things" capabilities.
- Experience and domain knowledge of several functional areas: manufacturing, supply chain, finance, market / sell etc.
- Implementation of Information Management capabilities: reporting, analytics, archiving, data migration etc.
- SAP large project experience.
- Knowledge of strategic vendors and solution offerings in the Information Management Arena.
- Six Sigma DFSS - Work process development, re-engineering
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies in late 2018 or early 2019. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us , you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.
A little about us:
We are commercializing discoveries from the intersection of the chemical, physical and biological sciences that deliver solutions to the world's challenges.