IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
In this exciting position, you will
Primary Job Roles:
- Provide information assurance knowledge for the conduct of Information Assurance (IA) duties including Certification and Accreditation (C&A) and Information Vulnerability Management activities.
- Have a working knowledge of the DIACAP process, the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process, system security architectures best practices, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures.
- Lead and assist in the implementation and maintenance of DoD A&A efforts, validation of security controls, creating/maintaining security processes & procedures and maintaining continued security compliance for the a Navy client.
- Interface with external customers to understand contract requirements and define IA related requirements, tasking, and costs in order to meet the goals of the customer.
- Provide Information Assurance subject matter expertise throughout the tasking and translate security requirements into technical designs/solutions.
Location: ** Remote and Virginia Beach, VA - Onsite as needed (historically 5-7 days per month on average **
- Follow the DIACAP C&A process to achieve an Authority to Operate (ATO) and maintain security compliance for Navy client
- Maintenance of Plan of Actions and Milestones for client systems.
- Review Federal, DoD and DISA Policies/Guidelines for best security practices in implementing secure systems for Navy Client
- Ensure system security requirements are addressed during all phases of the system life cycle.
- Perform Security Tests & Evaluations to validate that security controls are in place as described
- Collaborating with the specific government and/or industry A&A authorities to ensure IA security compliance.
- Coordinate with the IT staff to ensure all IA related issues are addressed during the preliminary and follow-on engineering phases
- Maintain systems in the DISA Vulnerability Management System (VMS), responding to Communications Tasking Orders (CTO) and Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) Alerts
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policiesBENEFITS
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population. CAREER GROWTH
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role. CORPORATE CITIZENSHIP
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
(2252) PSHJ 1RCWV 1SCTY
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.