What you’ll be doing...
The analytic group of the Cyber Security Center performs the following functions:
- Support the technical security and engineering design review for proposed IT infrastructure changes.
- Assist in directing architecture design discussions for new projects.
- Analyze sensitive authentication activities and privilege combinations that could lead to abuse; monitor privileged access activity for possible abuse; monitor suspicious and/or inappropriate web activity; assess data leakage vulnerabilities; and establish baseline usage information and trends.
- Perform historical analysis of defined security devices and logs to look for threat trends (past 7 days, past 30 days, past 90 days). Perform triage activities on potential threats discovered during historical analysis.
- Implement and maintain novel analytic methods and techniques for incident detection.
- Develop and maintain baseline of network behaviors.
- Perform root cause analysis on security incidents.
- Provide recommendations for containment and remediation of security incident.
- Participate in regularly scheduled audits.
The Tier I analyst will participate in the identification of data sources, analytic capabilities and reporting tools. The daily operations of the Tier I analyst are:
- Investigate and quantify long running trends in the enterprise environment
- Implement and maintain analytic methods and techniques.
- Develop and maintain consistent repeatable methodologies for detecting complex phenomenon
- Assist Tier II analyst in all development, data gathering and data analysis tasks.
- Assist in delivering timely and accurate reporting to executives.
Additionally, the Tier I will work closely with the casing team to ensure all internally developed tools and processes are performing as specified.
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in relevant field
- CISSP, GSEC, or comparable certification recommended
- An eligible candidate would have demonstrable knowledge of:
- Python Development and best practices
- The OSI model
- Network security tools including ArcSight, Netwitness, and Splunk
- Data validation methodologies.
- Statistical modeling
- Network Security and cyber Forensic investigations
- Additionally, an eligible candidate will be capable of working with abstract concepts and defining real world tenable solutions to complex problems in a timely manner.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.