Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Baltimore Wealth Management Field Control Team was created to perform control testing and identify process improvement opportunities, thereby strengthening the Field Management operational control environment. Initially, the team has focused on several core activities, including: risk and control self-assessment testing, travel and entertainment sampling, and business unit information security support. Going forward, the Field Operational Risk team will continue to identify new opportunities to provide Field risk coverage across various Field risk initiatives.
Role: Operational Risk Information Security Assistant Vice President (Baltimore, MD)
- Drive team information security control activities, including: execution of periodic system entitlement reviews, participation in system entitlements projects, development of new enterprise roles, etc.
- Supervise team resource execution of system entitlement updates associated with enterprise role adjustments and data changes identified during team audit activities and/or through key stakeholder requests
- Independently design and implement cross functional solutions, developed in partnership with key stakeholders, intended to address opportunities for improvement across the wealth management information security environment
- Monitor and report on key Field information security metrics to identify patterns, trends and areas where increased management attention is warranted and to ensure timely completion of strategic objectives set my senior leadership
- Partner with key stakeholders to analyze information security processes and identify opportunities for the development and delivery of focused training
- Develop and maintain operational risk team procedures, risk management tools and data repositories to facilitate more efficient and effective activity execution
- At least five (5) years of Financial services experience (familiarity with wealth management branch structure and/or branch operations is a plus)
- At least five (5) years of experience in information security and/or operational risk management disciplines
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint (familiarity with Access is a strong plus)
- Must be comfortable working closely with various business and information security functions (supervisory experience is a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a technology and/or business discipline
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.