McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Information Security Consultant, Senior Manager
Information Security Consultant – Senior Manager
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Ranked #124 on the Fortune 500, Capital One is one of the nation’s top 10 banks and has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
Security is essential to what we do at Capital One, from protecting our customers to our associates. As part of the Information Security Officer team for a line of business, you are passionate about security and risk management. You see security as an enabler and differentiator to enable the business through innovation, not a step in the compliance process. You work with the business to understand their goals and objectives and help them meet those goals and objectives in a secure manner. At Capital One, you will help consult on initiatives, programs, and projects to raise their game in Information Security and Risk Management. You are pragmatic and practical in your understanding of risk and security, but also willing to know when to pull in experts and escalate. You collaborate and innovate with other security groups within Capital One to push the envelope.
- Collaborate with a team of Information Security Consultants to provide subject matter expertise to project teams
- Coordinate and execute proactive Information Security consulting to the business and technology teams covering Infrastructure Security, Disaster Recover, Management of Data, Network Architecture and Design, User Access Management, and Management of Third Parties
- Serve as an expert in Capital One’s Information Security offerings, polices, procedures and standards
- Influence customers to leverage security offerings and escalate to management when you have concerns
- Provide ad hoc support on special Information Security hot topics for the business
- Work with that leadership to anticipate their objectives and needs to better server them
- Drive innovation activity as an outcome; Partner extensively with the Security Engineering organization to derive both novel and patent activity as outcomes from research and development or from security engagements
- You are a strong conceptual thinking and communication skills
- You are able to work well under minimal supervision
- You are a demonstrated leader with team-oriented interpersonal skills and the ability to interface effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including upper management, IT leaders, and technology vendors
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You maintain calmness and clarity of thought under pressure and ability to maintain confidentiality
- You have a deep understanding of strategic business objectives and the ability to drive results toward those objectives
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience managing and consulting in Information Security
- At least 5 years experience performing risk assessments, secure network architecture and penetration testing, vulnerability management, and IT audit
- At least one year of experience in cloud security
- At least one year of experience with Agile
- At least one year of experience in a highly regulated environment
- Professional security management certification, such as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
Primary Location: McLean, VA
Secondary Location:Plano, TX, Richmond, VA, Wilmington, DE, San Francisco, CA, Chicago, IL, Seattle, WA, New York, NY
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.