In the Global Security Office, you will have the opportunity to work for the protection of Symantec's information technology, brand, intellectually property, and customer data from misuse or compromise. Security controls have never been more important and as the leader in security solutions, we are targeted relentlessly and aggressively on many fronts and must defend ourselves accordingly. The Global Security Office is responsible for all aspects of security at Symantec and, as such, is made up of a diverse, multi-disciplinary and highly talented group of individuals who strive everyday to protect what is most critical to Symantec.
In this key role you will define Security Architecture for Data Center, WAN / LAN, Cloud Environments (Azure, AWS, OpenStack, VMwareServe as a subject matter expert on information security architecture and associated compliance initiatives within the organization
- Perform security design reviews to asses security implications for introduction of new or differing technologies within the environment
- Research latest security best practices, staying current on new vulnerabilities and threats
- Provide direction and guidance on architectural use cases and requirements for security related efforts.
- Develop and drive the overall security architecture for the entire organization.
- Act as a resource for GSO management in regards to security architecture needs and best practices.
- Lead design, planning and implementation of risk mitigating security solutions
- Identify inter-dependencies of the different technologies deployed within Symantec IT and the security relevance
- Work closely with IT, Development, and Product architecture and development teams to guide security direction and solutions alignment with Industry best practices
- Advise on data security issues, compliance, and privacy requirements including, but not limited to FEDRAMP, •HIPAA, PCI, EU Data Protection Directive, and APEC
- Candidate must be a US citizen
- Candidate must have (3-5 years) working in security or service operations
- College degree BS preferred
- Experience with the assessment, implementation, management and documentation of a broad set of information security technologies and processes within a SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, or cloud environment
- Experience with securing public and private cloud environments and services required
- Experience building High Availability and Clustered solutions
- Experience integrating security in a fast paced Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment environment
- Travel requirements <=25% that would include GSO all hands meetings, team offsite meetings, training and client facing presentations
- IT Security certifications are a plus (CISSP, ISSAP, CISM, CISA, SANS, Security+, etc)
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.