Since 1852, customers have trusted that Wells Fargo would keep their assets secure from theft and always available. Today, maintaining customer trust remains our underlying operating principle.
Enterprise Information Security’s (EIS) vision is to provide Wells Fargo world leading cyber security risk management. Through a framework that addresses policy, process, operations, people, and technology, EIS protects Wells Fargo’s infrastructure, corporate data, and customer assets, and ensures alignment with applicable regulations and laws. EIS is part of Wells Fargo's Corporate Risk organization and is led by the Chief Information Security Officer.
Note: Charlotte, NC is the preferred work location but will consider other core Wells Fargo locations and telecommute
The Cyber Security Incident Response Manager develops, maintains and executes all components of the Wells Fargo incident response plan. This role requires experience with the six phases of incident response management as identified in NIST 800-61. General duties include real and simulated cyber threats mitigation, proactive and reactive threat hunting, mitigation of identified issues both malicious as well as operational, and threat tool development. The position involves regular interactions with executive leadership and business-aligned security leaders. Coordinate with various security teams, as well as operations teams, to provide visibility into security posture of Wells Fargo. This position reports to the head of Security Operations and Analytics.
- Daily operational management for incident response and threat hunting activities.
- Oversee the Incident Response program’s framework and integration across multiple technology platforms, including but not limited to servers, workstations, network, storage, legacy systems, and other IP-enabled systems across multiple networks
- Deep foundational understanding and experience in managing detection, response and isolation actions across large enterprise networks.
- 9+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: information security, IT systems security or technology experience including 3+ years direct experience in information security
- 3+ years of management experience, in an Information Security or IT environment
- 3 + years of digital forensics, security analytics experience, or a combination of both, including incident response
- 5+ years of Incident Response Protocols and Tools experience
- 3+ years of experience managing large information security functions
- Experience managing a technology infrastructure function, application or information security function that has impact across the enterprise
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively influence and interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Ability to think creatively to find innovative solutions to complex analytical questions
- Ability to articulate issues, risks, and proposed solutions to various levels of staff and management
- Solid conflict management and decision making skills
- 4+ years of information security experience including experience in one or more of the following security disciplines: information security monitoring, incident response, vulnerability management, host/network forensics, cyber-crime investigation, penetration testing, business continuity, or cyber threat intelligence
- Strong customer relationship management skills
- Ability to negotiate and facilitate issue resolution
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional manner
- Knowledge and understanding of network topologies and protocols for solutions spanning multiple business functions and geographic locations
- Knowledge and understanding of network security and network protocols
Other Desired Qualifications
- Advanced Information Security technical skills and understanding of information security practices and policies
- Ability to manage complex issues and develop solutions
- Good knowledge of IPv4 & IPv6 protocols
- Strong knowledge of Secure SDLC and integration of vulnerability scanning with Secure SDLC framework
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.