Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Information Security Officer, Senior Manager
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Ranked #112 on the Fortune 500, Capital One is one of the nation’s top 10 banks and has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
Security is essential to what we do at Capital One, from protecting our customers to our associates. As Risk Manager on the Information Security Officer team for a line of business, you are passionate about security and risk management. You see security as an enabler and differentiator to enable the business through innovation, not a step in the compliance process. You work with the business to understand their goals and objectives and help them meet those goals and objectives in a secure manner. At Capital One, you will help consult on initiatives, programs, and projects to raise their game in Information Security and Risk Management. You are pragmatic and practical in your understanding of risk and security, but also willing to know when to pull in experts and escalate. You collaborate and innovate with other security groups within Capital One to push the envelope.
- Serve as a 2nd line information security risk management subject matter expert to a line of business
- Collaborate with a team of Tech Risk Management experts provide subject matter expertise to business project teams
- Support business leadership to ensure they understand operational, compliance and financial risks that need to be mitigated and control performance expectations
- Support business with internal and external audits, providing guidance and recommendations
- Perform risk assessments of business processes, utilizing the RCSA framework
- Provide 2nd line support to controls and compliance testing
- Provide consultation to business on event and issue management
- Work with that leadership to communicate, mitigate, and, where necessary, escalate risk
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You possess the ability to negotiate and influence results without direct authority
- You are a demonstrated leader with team-oriented interpersonal skills and the ability to interface effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including upper management, IT leaders, and technology vendors
- You maintain calmness and clarity of thought under pressure and ability to maintain confidentiality
- You are able to work well under minimal supervision
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience with risk identification and audit and compliance
- At least 2 years of experience with technology risk frameworks
- At least 5 years of risk management experience
- 5+ years of experience in operational and compliance and financial risk
- 5+ years of process management experience
- 5+ years of experience with Open Pages system
- Experience using the Proactive Risk Identification & Mitigation Engine (PRIME)
- Experience with PCI controls and compensating controls
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.