Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Information System Engineer will be responsible for working as a team member to implement IT initiatives/projects which will enable Merck to deploy consistent global business processes, common global information, and a supporting IT solution suite. The individual will work across various phases of projects and complete duties as needed or assigned. This position requires knowledge and experience in own discipline while still acquiring higher-level knowledge and skills. The position will build knowledge of the company, processes, and customers and will solve a range of problems while providing possible IT solutions. This position receives a moderate level of guidance and direction and applies team skills, listening and integrating diverse perspectives from across the work group. Contributes and adds value to the achievement of team goals.
This position concentrates on IT initiatives and department activities while coordinating requirements in compliance with computer validation control and Corporate standards. This position will determine short term and long range strategies for systems and projects to meet business demands. Responsible for providing technical support, project support and leadership to plant project teams.
The Specialist, Business/Technical Analysis will be responsible for supporting the following activities as required:
- Providing support as a representative on a team or leading a small team to provide IT assistance to resolve issues or accomplish business objectives. Accountable for technical contribution to project team or sub-team.
- As part of a global IT organization, provide technical expertise and support for IT issues related to various functional areas at the site.
- Maintaining IT systems in compliance with cGMPs.
- Reviewing IT system documents, preventive maintenance, and SOPs to ensure compliance with GMP and safety.
- Developing and supporting corrective actions for investigations related to IT systems.
- Participates in audits and training programs in the area of responsibility.
- Direct support of regulatory inspections and audits.
- Direct support of validation activities and all other associated Quality functions.
- Provides client services support for business area applications.
- Use IT knowledge to assure the efficient operation of variety of IT systems.
- Be fully aware of budgets, costs, and spending principles. Assist in controlling costs related to own work.
- Manages contractors and temporary project personnel.
- Bachelor Degree required
- Masters degree preferred
- Discipline in Information Technology or equivalent preferred.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of four years' experience in support of business / Information Technology in a corporate environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of enterprise wide projects and initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and manage multiple, concurrent projects. Must be able to determine the impact of new projects and changes to existing applications. This position requires a proven knowledge of required discipline.
- Weekend and off-shift flexibility.
- Demonstrated Technical Experience:
- Demonstrated fundamental understanding of computer infrastructure technologies including servers, networks, desktops, and layered software products.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Working knowledge of the regulatory requirements for pharmaceutical applications.
- Applied knowledge in computer validation and systems lifecycle development methodology.
- Understanding of Lean/Six Sigma methodology.
- Demonstrated Technical Experience:
- Demonstrated proficiency in a corporate networking environment with detailed knowledge of LAN/WAN, switches, hubs, routers, cabling, access points, network printers, and wireless technologies. Cisco experience desired.
- Demonstrated experience in a corporate Windows server landscape with proficient knowledge of operating systems, security software, backup & imaging applications, virtual server environments, and server hardware.
- Demonstrated practice with manufacturing automation systems, barcode technologies, and mobile technology.
- Demonstrated experience with laboratory computer systems and applications.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement