The IT Audit Senior Staff will be responsible for being a contributing team member on IT Risk Consulting, IT Risk Assessments, IT Internal Audits, segregation of duties (SOD), implementation reviews, IT SOX, and similar engagements. Typical IT Senior Staff responsibilities include:
- Project Execution and Management
- Personnel are expected to execute audit work/consulting and oversee the work of junior level personnel. Report directly to a project leader and/or executive with respect to communications of issues and completion audit tasks.
- Support overall project planning, supervising staff, and executing IT fieldwork.
- Identify and evaluate business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement.
- Providing technical guidance to Crowe staff and client organization personnel.
- Presenting creative and logical solutions to identified problems.
- Consulting with clients to understand and address their needs.
- Assist with the development and quality assurance of key internal audit deliverables, including work programs, process flows, and audit reports.
- Communicating issues and status to Crowe project leaders/executives and client senior management.
- Developing lasting relationships with client personnel and seeking to further these relationships through quality service delivery and the successful execution of projects.
- Participate in proposal development efforts.
- Defining performance expectations for staff IT auditors and providing performance feedback.
- Evaluating the performance of staff IT auditors.
- Participate in training efforts.
- Participating in strategic and tactical initiatives related to new product offerings and services.
- Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement products and services
- Generate innovative ideas and challenge the status quo.
Educational and Professional Credentials
- Bachelor's degree required. Major in Accounting, Computer Information Systems, or Management Information Systems is preferred.
- 2+ years working in internal audit, consulting, assurance services, or related field, either in professional services or industry.
- Professional Certification such as CPA, CIA, CISA, or similar strongly preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Outstanding project management and supervisory experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact in team environment and foster client relationships.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, including documentation of findings and recommendations.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong technical knowledge is required (ERP such as SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Microsoft Dynamics, NetSuite, WorkDay JD Edwards and Operating Systems and Databases such as Windows, SQL, iSeries, UNIX, LINUX)
- Strong technical skills in ERP security administration, ERP configuration controls or system implementations would be highly desirable.
- Evaluating application controls, report baselining, interface reviews, configuration reviews for Oracle Financials, SAP, NetSuite, or Hyperion.
- An in-depth understanding of internal audit processes and objectives.
- In-depth knowledge of core information technology processes and controls, current trends in corporate information technology and emerging themes in the market place.
- Understanding of commonly used internal control frameworks, including COSO and COBIT.
- Understanding of ERP GRC modules and SOD
- Understanding of ERM, data analytics, GDPR, third party compliance and vendor management, EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
- Knowledge of audit methodologies and developing key internal audit deliverables, including process flows, work programs, audit reports, and control summaries.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act and COSO provisions and methodologies for achieving compliance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications with specific emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Secondary emphasis on Visio and Access.
Travel Requirements: 0-60%. This position may require national or international travel
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Risk Consulting is organized by both industry specializations (financial services, healthcare, public sector and emerging industries) and solutions (anti-money laundering, regularly and compliance, internal audit, cybersecurity, IT assurance, emerging global solutions and third party risk). Risk Consulting provides governance, risk and compliance expertise to keep clients advised of emerging trends, industry benchmarks and best practices.
At Crowe, we know that great people is what makes a great firm. We value our people and offer employees a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW YOU CAN GROW:
We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have the chance to meet on a consistent basis with your Career Coach that will guide you in your career goals and dreams.
MORE ABOUT CROWE HORWATH:
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.
YOUR JOURNEY AT CROWE STARTS HERE:
At Crowe Horwath LLP, you have the opportunity to deliver creative solutions to today’s complex business issues. Crowe’s accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are widely recognized for their in-depth expertise and understanding of sophisticated process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their dedication to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value. Our focus on emerging technology solutions along with our dedication to internal career growth and exceptional client value has resulted in a firm that is routinely recognized as a “Best Place to Work.” We are 75 years strong and still growing. Come grow with us!