Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Job Description Integrated Audit
Corporate Audit's Integrated Audit team is responsible for engagements that focus on business risk and related application technology. Team members work with business auditors to understand business risks and related application controls such as interface controls, logical access controls, and input/processing/output controls. The main objective of an integrated audit is to assess the design and operating effectiveness of manual and automated internal controls that mitigate both business and IT related risks.
A collaborative approach is followed, with business and IT team audit members jointly conducting the majority of internal and client-facing planning, control assessment, testing and reporting activities.
The Integrated Audit team is also responsible for Application Pre-Implementation Reviews.Information Technology Audit Manager, Integrated Audit Team, Assistant Vice President
Corporate Audit is seeking a well-rounded and versatile individual, who will manage assessment procedures and testing for integrated audits. Application controls subject to testing will be determined during the risk and controls assessment phase of the audit and will most likely include:
- Electronic authorizations
- Application parameters, settings, edit checks, scripts, mappings, etc.
- Application access to sensitive application transactions and shared directories
- System interfaces
- Management, Edit, and Exception Reports
- The IT Audit Manager will be part of the IT Integrated Audit Team focusing on auditing State Street Global Services Business Unit.
- Draft audit reports to clearly communicate, control gaps, and opportunities for operational improvements.
- Participates in system and business process development projects with strategic corporate significance; provides input on operational and technological risk issues.
- He/she is proficient at staying abreast of technical matters and efficiently and effectively applying applicable new developments in their technical field to internal audits or projects.
- This position requires a proactive client focus in order to help prevent control breakdowns.
- Supervise staff members and perform full project management on audits. Prepare and discuss written staff performance evaluations after each assignment.
Qualifications Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Information Assurance or Computer Science preferred.
- CISA, CPA, CIA or other applicable certification preferred.
- Must have CISA or be willing to take the CISA exam within 1 year.
- Five (plus years) of experience in Public Accounting, IT Audit, Consulting, or Business Process Engineering preferred.
- Financial Service industry experience, ideally in Asset Management / Investment Management.
- Experience specializing in applications technology, audit, risk and control.
- Motivated self-starter and intellectual curiosity.
- Experience in utilizing Computer-Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATS) for testing preferred.
- Experience in the following areas is desirable: Financial Services processes and technology, Oracle E-Business Suite, Database Technology, Technical application background.
- Knowledge of COSO, AICPA, COBIT, Sarbanes-Oxley and SSAE16 standards and laws and regulations applicable to the assigned area of responsibility.
- Experience in utilizing a risk-based audit approach
- Ability to establish an environment conducive to continuous innovation
- Ability to coordinate and interact positively with other teams in the audit department.
- Excellent analytical, written communication, interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
- Detail and deadline oriented.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Potential for 15% domestic and / or international travel.
Job Opening ID
State Street Job ID:
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.