At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an Information Technology (IT) Counsel for the Corporate & Securities Group located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go. Job Summary:
The successful candidate will serve in the position of IT Counsel for the Company. In this role, the successful candidate will primarily support and counsel the IT, Business Transformation, and Sourcing teams on relevant legal issues related to IT contracting and serve as a subject matter expert for colleagues in Legal Affairs.
The IT Counsel will be responsible for structuring, drafting, and negotiating complex information technology-related agreements and guidance documents to 3M standards/objectives, including agreements for computer software and hardware procurement, intellectual property licensing, SaaS, and cloud computing, outsourcing, information security and data protection, and other information technology matters.
The successful candidate will coordinate closely with IT and Privacy teams on relevant legal and compliance issues, including international privacy and data protection, ISO, and PCI standards.
In addition, the IT Counsel will:
- Understand business needs and goals, detect legal issues and obstacles, and counsel clients regarding legal risks, solutions, and alternatives
- Represent and support clients in negotiations with external parties
- Develop standard templates and related reference documents on key IT contracting provisions and strategies
- Assist stakeholders in evaluating the legal impact of various corporate or department strategies.
- Train and educate employees on IT contracting issues
- Establishing business workflow for the IT contracting process in collaboration with relevant internal stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school
- Minimum of five (5) combined years of legal experience in drafting, negotiating, and advising on information-technology agreements and/or software license agreements
- Admitted to practice in Minnesota or eligible for admission within six months of employment.
- Seven or more (7+) years of experience negotiating complex IT and commercial transactions, domestically and internationally, including with respect to intellectual property matters
- Understanding of and firsthand experience in advising clients in a diversified and highly matrixed business environment
- Developed sense of judgment, risk management skills and ability to balance business needs, compliance obligations and reputational risks in an objective, practical way; demonstrated ability to both grasp the "big picture" and attend to details
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced business environment and drive projects to completion
- Highly effective written and verbal communications skills; ability to communicate and relate at all levels of the organization
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively within a team environment
- Reputation for integrity and ability to balance business partnership with the need to exercise independent judgment
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic/international
Relocation: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.