IBM Bluemix Infrastructure (SoftLayer)
, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. Our customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
IBM is currently searching for Information Technology (IT) Generalist to work their evening shift. The evening shift is 4pm - 12am; the work days are Sunday thru Thursday OR Tuesday through Saturday. Our Information Systems Team supports the systems that provide IBM's best-in-class hosting platform. Our UNIX Systems Administrators are responsible for deploying, monitoring, and maintaining complex solutions to meet the needs of the business and our customers. We are seeking individuals with demonstrated initiative who take pride in their work.
As an IT Generalist, you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Interfacing with customers on support matters
- Managing proper customer expectations
- Day to day maintenance and upkeep of existing server fleet
- Update, test, and support software provisioning systems
- Work with internal customers to create and deploy solutions for new and existing services
- Configure and deploy systems to support new data center expansion
- Work with support and development teams to troubleshoot complex problems
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation and actively respond to escalations and alerts
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.