Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right.
Provides system operational support ensuring the effectiveness, efficiency, accuracy, and availability of systems for end users. Coaches and mentors less experienced team members.
• Performs routine maintenance, facilitates customization and changes to, and ensures system disaster recovery for systems.
• Leads new employee technology setup, including computer setup and delivery and system access.
• Resolves issues not readily evident and performs authorized changes and upgrades to existing systems.
• Performs preventative maintenance on IT systems and networks; monitors system performance and accuracy.
• Performs complex root-cause analysis to identify issues.
• Coaches and mentors less experienced security analysts; documents knowledge and solutions for use across the organization
• Technical Troubleshooting - Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing, and resolving technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems .
• IT Incident Management Process - Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing, and resolving technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems .
• Hardware/Networks/Operating System Interaction - The ability to understand the basic tenets of the physical IT system and that system's relation to the application .
• Production Support - Experienced in multiple aspects of production support processes, including monitoring and troubleshooting customer response and physical security.
• IT Change Management Process - Ability to systematically control changes to Information Technology (IT) systems and maintain their integrity and traceability throughout their life cycle.
• Analyze Issues - Understands complex concepts and problems and identifies how they relate to key processes .
• IT Architecture - Knowledge of concepts and philosophies regarding the design and deployment of information technologies and associated architectural concepts, principles and tools..
• Intermediate level of relevant work experience required.
• Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field or equivalent related experience preferred.
• Superior communication skills, positive attitude and professional in demeanor and appearance.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, 8.xx desktop operating systems, Windows 2008/12 server platforms, network diagnostic tools, Active Directory, DHCP and VPN troubleshooting.
• Must be able to travel to other Cummins locations.
• Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work with a wide range of end-users: from new computer users to knowledgeable developers.
• Be willing to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
• Must have experience with Dell hardware.
• Must have a record of good attendance and performance at prior jobs.
• Must be able to work in an independent environment with remote supervision.
• Must be able to lift 35 pounds occasionally.
• Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• Protective Glasses and Protective Footwear as required.
Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options suchasour401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins .
A little about us:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.