IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries. Bottom line? We out think ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Infrastructure Architect will work in a staff augmentation role with the State of Rhode Island IT team. Duties include:
- provide subject matter expertise on architecture standards and implementation activities
- review technical documentation provided by the State's vendor on infrastructure updates and root cause analysis
- identify and take ownership of issues with the implemented infrastructure to include networking, security, hardware and OS
- work with the State and Vendor to understand the issues and help articulate them back to the State
- provide proactive troubleshooting on infrastructure issues and track them to closure
- research and document the infrastructure with Vendor to present to the State for review and tracking for configuration management
- work with the State IT team to track open risks with the infrastructure
This is a Long-Term Supplemental (LTS) role.
Work Location: Providence, Rhode Island
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.