Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job DescriptionAbout the Team
Workday's Cloud Operations Infrastructure team supports an ever growing environment that consists of over 10,000 servers, more than 2,500 networking devices, in 6 global data centers for which the Workday application runs on. The team is composed of highly skilled Data Center Engineers, System Engineers, and Network Engineers spanning multiple geographies from Pleasanton, CA to Dublin, Ireland. Our mission is to focus 100% on Production Operations by helping the business deliver new products and features, supporting the growing customer base, and maintaining operational excellence across all facets of the data center.About the Role
Workday is looking for a Software Engineer with excellent computer science and programming fundamentals to join our Infrastructure Tools team. As part of a close-knit team, you will have responsibility for developing/improving tools and applications that will automate the deployment and management of our server and network infrastructure in our global production data centers. You will collaborate with other teams in Operations, Security, Environments, and Development to design and operationalize new products/technologies before deployment into production environments.
- Develop and support solutions to manage and automate our global server and network infrastructure.
- Create solutions to improve availability, scalability, and other aspects of Workday's Operations
- Extend existing solutions and services (LDAP, DNS, etc.) through creation of API's and self-service functionality
- Make heavy use of tools like Chef and Mcollective to extend our management and orchestration capabilities.
- Gather feedback on solutions in production to ensure requirements have been met, adjusting designs if required.
- In some cases, perform Engineering and pilot implementation of new technologies introduced through a new architectural solution.
- Document and train Operations teams to support new deployments
- Passion for development best practices - unit testing, code reviews, community standards, and maintainable code
- Development experience with object-oriented languages - C++, Java, Python, or Ruby
- 5+ years coding experience in developing applications and systems automation
- Experience with tools for managing and reviewing source code (git, gerrit, jenkins)
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and development pipeline processes
- Ability to pick up new technologies like System Administration or Network Administration quickly, so you can focus on how to automate it.
- Excellent hands on technical skills and troubleshooting abilities
- Good verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organizations
- Bachelors degree in CIS or equivalent preferred but not required.
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. More than 1,000 organizations, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises, have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.