The candidate can expect to assist in the execution of new investment opportunities, managing existing portfolio companies, and fundraising. Responsibilities will include:
• Primary responsibility for financial modeling and valuation.
• Preparing investment appraisal presentations.
• Assist in conducting asset due diligence.
• Executing background analyses for investment theses.
• Assisting in identifying, hiring and managing external advisors.
• Assist other team members to measure and monitor the performance of portfolio companies, as well as help to implement operational changes.
• Identify and execute new transactions.
• Assisting to prepare materials for meetings with potential investors.
• Previous experience in Private Equity/Infrastructure Fund is optimal. The ideal candidate should have 1 year of experience in a similar position.
• Strong financial modeling skills.
• Motivation to work on the buyside.
• Be proactive, with ability to take on a high degree of responsibility and to execute critical work streams with limited supervision.
• Possess outstanding interpersonal skills and a strong team ethic that will enable the candidate to build and maintain a broad network within the global MSI team as well as with advisors and partners.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• All-round M&A experience (origination, execution, due diligence, financing) is a bonus.
• Sector experience (Communications, Energy & Utilities, Transportation) is beneficial.
• Degree educated (or equivalent).
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.