Locations: VA - Richmond, United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our objective is to create one of the nation’s great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment that values diversity of thought and ideas where people from a variety of backgrounds guided by our shared Values come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry.
We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
Capital One is actively seeking experienced Sr. Software Engineers with expertise in detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Successful candidates will have experience performing as technical lead on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components. As a senior engineer, you will own detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms and provide technical leadership/supervision to the developers.
- Driving project/service delivery.
- Performing as technical lead on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components.
- Collaborating with other platforms tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design
- Documenting design decisions and ensuring adherences
- Enforcing existing process guidelines
- Mentoring junior developers
- Supporting QA during testing, and oversight during implementation into production.
- Conducting design & code reviews
- Tracking developers’ bandwidth to assist in resource allocation.
- Supporting PM in technical tasks & delivery schedule development
- Reviewing system test scenarios & test cases.
- Monitoring operating efficiency of existing application systems.
- Providing oversight to Vendor’s technical design and code delivery.
- High school diploma, GED or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in infrastructure setup and configuration
- At least 3 years of experience in network troubleshooting
- At least 1 year of experience in network protocols
- At least 3 years of experience with database administration
- At least 3 years of experience with Application Server Configuration
- At least 3 years of experience with shell scripting in a Linux environment
- At least 2 years of experience in Oracle's support & release policy
- 2 years of experience as a Senior developer in technology projects
- 2 years of experience with Weblogic Administration
- 2 years of experience with Oracle 11g and 12c databases
- 1 year of experience with Oracle Exadata Appliance
- 3 years of experience with Weblogic administration
- 1 year of experience in software development
- 1 year of experience with Warehouse Applications
- 1 year of experience with Erwin Data Modeling
- 2 years of experience with Control-M Scheduling
- 2 years of experience working in an Agile Framework managed through Kanban
- 1 year of experience with OBIEE reporting server administration
- 2 years experience in DevOps Infrastructure concepts and design
- 2 years experience with Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration concepts
- 2 years experience with versioning tools such as GitHub and Subversion
- 1 year of experience with DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Gherkin, Cucumber, and Ruby
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.