We currently have an opportunity in our Infrastructure Technology Consulting practice for a Manager to provide a variety of technical and IT advisory services for mid-market companies. The right candidate will provide technical expertise, manage implementations and teams, and provide IT managed services to companies across a variety of industries in the Southeast. It is important that the candidate have experience in a customer facing role or have worked for a consulting company where client delivery is the main focus of your role.
- Cloud to Cloud Strategy Assessment for 225 person distribution company
- Office 365 migration for 250 person paper company
- IT Assessment for 1000 person construction company
- Managed Services for 100 person medical devices company
- Advise national engineering firm on next generation WAN
- Conduct detailed infrastructure assessments and roadmaps for customers, including "Go to Cloud" strategies.
- Design customer solutions in the areas of unified communications, identity management, storage and virtualization, cloud and business continuity.
- Act as an escalation for major customer impacting issues, while collaborating with other operational teams.
- Research and present to customers on merits of proposed solutions, including in-depth understanding of pros/cons.
- Work closely with project teams to lead the engagement lifecycle, including project scoping, statements of work, project plans, and service delivery updates.
- Perform service delivery at customer sites and remotely, while minimizing interruption to live customer systems.
- Design and write detailed SOPs and reference architecture documentation.
- Provide pre-sales engineering support for sales teams and practice leaders.
Preferred Technical Expertise
- Hands on experience implementing Office 365 hybrid deployments
- Hands on experience implementing IaaS solutions such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Hands on experience implementing Microsoft Solutions such as AD, SQL, Exchange, System Center, EMS
- Hands on experience implementing virtualization technologies such as Hyper-V or VMware
- Hands on experience implementing unified communications such as Lync, Shoretel, or Cisco
- Hands on experience implementing application delivery technologies such as Citrix or Remote Desktop Services
- Hands on experience implementing security technologies such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, encryption, SSO
- Hands on experience implementing storage and file solutions such as SANs and OneDrive
- Hands on experience implementing converged networks such WAN, LAN, switching, routing, QOS, SIP
- Easily communicate with technical and non-technical audience.
- Experience and personality to diffuse difficult customer situations.
- Extensive knowledge of Visio and PowerPoint to create professional documentation and presentations.
- Ability to function independently, prioritize and act as a mentor to junior infrastructure staff
- Ability and desire to work evenings, nights, and participate in an on-call rotation
- Experience working in a high energy professional services or consulting firm preferred but not required
- 7-10 years experience
- College degree in Computer Science, MIS, or Electrical Engineering is preferred
A little about us:
The leading provider of audit, tax & consulting services focused on the middle market.