- Conduct research and analysis in IT Outsourcing, with a focus on Infrastructure Outsourcing – including service desk, managed workplace and data center services. Knowledge of the impact of key forces such as cloud (IaaS and PaaS), Intelligent Automation Services, Mobility and IoT is a secondary but necessary requirement. Coverage of the specified area is required as well as applicable adjacent areas with at least one area of expertise, while maintaining a view across a broad spectrum of the market, to produce innovative, thought-leading, impactful, analytically deep, fact-based research.
- Lead the research process by identifying critical questions facing Gartner clients and crafting appropriate research methods to address them. Provide in-depth analysis based on extensive client input and personal experience.
- Create must-have research to fulfil our commitment to clients, enhance Gartner’s brand position, and become a “must-read” analyst
- Drive client demand for your personal analysis and presentations.
- Lead a body of research and be recognized in the industry as a subject matter expert – develop a following.
- Help team with the review of infrastructure outsourcing contracts.
- Create compelling presentation materials to be delivered to clients via various means, including face-to-face, teleconference, video conferences and taped presentations. Deliverables will include but not be limited to Gartner conferences, individualized Strategic Advisory Services (remote or client facing), Webinars and Briefings
- Engage in client support activities in the topic areas covered via telephone inquiries, email and face-to-face meetings.
- Convey research value leading to successful sales and renewals, by attending client/prospect meetings to identify and leverage Proof of Concept opportunities and in general to enhance sales productivity.
- Provide high quality and timely research peer review. Provide mentorship and support team members.
- Lead or participate in research community meetings to discuss research issues and collaborate effectively with peers.
- Exhibit thought-leadership in establishing research positions across a team of analysts.
- Provide focused one-day client consulting-style engagements as a research area expert.
- Deal effectively with the press and media (including social media).
- Demonstrate credibility as an industry leader to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies.
#LI-AR1 Job Requirements:
- 10+ years of experience within the information technology field. May previously have held a leadership role within technology or business field.
- Experience with the issues facing end users (“clients”) of outsourcing services is mandatory, including direct experience working in a leading sourcing role on the buyer side.
- Experience in outsourcing contracting.
- Experience with an outsourcing vendor would be an additional strong benefit.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or advanced professional qualification(s) in related field. Proven record of academic achievement at highest level. Master's Degree in related discipline an advantage.
- Significant applicable experience in outsourcing discipline and deep knowledge of the IT outsourcing market; deep understanding of both technology and industry to include the market, vendors, products and user strategies in IT outsourcing.
- Articulate and succinct communication skills; ability to explain complex ideas effectively. Examples from own publications would be beneficial.
- Exceptional analytical skills; ability to apply conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing and defending conclusions.
- Strong project planning and management skills.
- Strong team-working ethos.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural global team.
- Exceptional coaching, influencing and leadership skills
Job ID 00015163
A little about us:
What makes Gartner a great place to work? Great people. Smart, curious and driven toward success, they thrive on new ideas and collaboration. Top talent is why we are the world’s leading research and advisory company. If you’re looking for a great community, a rewarding career and a chance to make a difference, you’ve come to the right place.