What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
- You are a team player who values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage.
- You are always learning and looking to discover what’s next in security technology management.
- You pursue personal excellence through team collaboration and consensus.
If this describes you, Gartner is looking for you! Gartner is an upbeat culture based on collaboration, teamwork, integrity and objectivity that values creativity and innovation. As a Gartner analyst, you’ll not only help clients solve complex challenges and deliver on key initiatives, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. We work hard — and we reward success with exceptional opportunity.
We are seeking to hire an Infrastructure Outsourcing and Procurement Expert to conduct research and analysis in IT Outsourcing, with a focus on Infrastructure Outsourcing – including service desk, managed workplace and data center services. Knowledge of the impact of key forces such as cloud (IaaS and PaaS), Intelligent Automation Services, Mobility and IoT is a secondary but necessary requirement. Coverage of the specified area is required as well as applicable adjacent areas with at least one area of expertise, while maintaining a view across a broad spectrum of the market, to produce innovative, thought-leading, impactful, analytically deep, fact-based research.
What you'll do:
- As a Gartner analyst you will meet with clients every day: on the phone, in a video-conference, from the stage at a Gartner event or face-to-face during a sales support visit. In every client interaction analysts help clients solve difficult puzzles that lead to better performance. To support these conversations you will research markets, practices and trends and produce written research for Gartner clients to download and apply.
- Lead the research process by identifying critical questions facing Gartner sourcing/procurement clients and crafting appropriate research methods to address them. Provide in-depth analysis based on extensive client input and personal experience.
- Create must-have research to fulfil our commitment to clients, enhance Gartner’s brand position, and become a “must-read” analyst
- Drive client demand for your personal analysis and presentations.
- Lead a body of research and be recognized in the industry as a subject matter expert – develop a following.
- Help team with the review of infrastructure outsourcing contracts.
- Create compelling presentation materials to be delivered to clients via various means, including face-to-face, teleconference, video conferences and taped presentations. Deliverables will include but not be limited to Gartner conferences, individualized Strategic Advisory Services (remote or client facing), Webinars and briefings
- Engage in client support activities in the topic areas covered via telephone inquiries, email and face-to-face meetings.
- Convey research value leading to successful sales and renewals, by attending client/prospect meetings to identify and leverage Proof of Concept opportunities and in general to enhance sales productivity.
- Provide high quality and timely research peer review. Provide mentorship and support team members.
- Lead or participate in research community meetings to discuss research issues and collaborate effectively with peers.
- Exhibit thought-leadership in establishing research positions across a team of analysts.
- Provide focused one-day client consulting-style engagements as a research area expert.
- Deal effectively with the press and media (including social media).
- Demonstrate credibility as an industry leader to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies.
What you'll need:
It helps to be obsessed with your topic! Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to know your markets, vendors, trends, management practices, etc. and be able to see the forest and the trees. Most Gartner analysts have many years of experience and enjoy solving puzzles.
- 10+ years of experience within the information technology field. May previously have held a leadership role within sourcing/procurement, technology or business field.
- Experience with the issues facing end users (“clients”) of outsourcing services is mandatory, including direct experience working in a leading sourcing /procurement role on the buyer side.
- Strong experience in outsourcing contracting.
- Experience with an outsourcing vendor would be an additional strong benefit.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or advanced professional qualification(s) in related field. Proven record of academic achievement at highest level. Master's Degree in related discipline an advantage.
- Significant applicable experience in outsourcing sourcing/procurement and contracting and deep knowledge of the IT outsourcing market; deep understanding of both technology and industry to include the market, vendors, products and user strategies in IT outsourcing.
- Articulate and succinct communication skills; ability to explain complex ideas effectively. Examples from own publications would be beneficial.
- Exceptional analytical skills; ability to apply conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing and defending conclusions.
- Strong project planning and management skills.
- Strong team-working ethos.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural global team.
- Exceptional coaching, influencing and leadership skills.
Job ID 00015163