GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Seeking a strong Infrastructure Project Managers who have a solid background/experience with Data Center/Tech refreshes it would be great if they have a background with managing projects dealing with servers, middlewear/redhat/linux, databases, etc.
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages large projects with high complexity
- Responsible for all aspects of cost management, including estimating, funding, budgeting, forecasting, controlling and reporting.
- Manage invoices, purchase orders and contracts statements of work.
- Establishes and executes a project communication plan, meeting facilitation; presentation and delivery
- Demonstrated success in team leadership, stakeholder management, process adherence, ownership/ commitment, learning agility and risk management capabilities
- Works with product/project owner to ensure scope is explicitly defined and documented and maintains integrity of scope
- Proactively improves the project timeline through schedule management and progress tracking of schedule and budget
- Ensures project is delivered within approved budget, schedule, contingency and meets quality standards
- Canvasses team to identify all project risk, develops mitigation strategies/plans and works to have strategies in place should they be needed
- Negotiates conflict resolution when needed between team members or product owners
- Utilizes motivation techniques to ensure project team reaches goals and milestones
- Negotiates with product owner to obtain key resources or materials
Education or Equivalent: BS in computer or related field.
Qualifications / Skills Requirements:
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
- Proven experience with MS Project and/or Clarity
- Recent experience in managing large projects with high complexity
- Proven experience managing medium to large project teams consisting of both offshore / off site resources
- Previous experience managing / controlling project budgets greater than $5M.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with proven ability to work with C-Level project sponsors
- Minimum 10 + years experience required
- Strong analytical, leadership, problem solving, organizational, and planning skills
- Strong communications skills both oral and written
- Proficient PC Skills; including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.