The Global Business & Technology Solutions organization is looking to fill a vacancy within the Infrastructure Server Support team. The successful candidate will assist in the evaluation of business requirements as well as the development and implementation of server and storage solutions within the organization. This individual is responsible for providing cost models and managing server and storage implementations to completion. Collaborates with Business Partners, Business Continuation and Risk Management to implement and test Business Continuation and Disaster Recovery solutions to maintain business functionality during major events (disaster or otherwise). Interfaces with multiple disciplines, business application and vendor support contacts to deliver server infrastructure services to meet business demand. The individual has a solid understanding of external cloud services, server operating systems, virtualization software, serverless architectures, converged/hyperconverged systems and storage architectures. Provides broad technical expertise to develop technology solutions that satisfy business requirements.
The primary responsibilities include:
Qualifications: Qualifications - The following skills are required:
- Meet with clients and provide technical expertise to help determine which server infrastructure products and services best fit their needs. Provide cost models for recommended products and services.
- Represent and support IT policies, procedures, and best practices to various project and key business stakeholders.
- Perform various infrastructure performance data gathering and data analysis activities.
- Host meetings with various project and key business stakeholders to implement infrastructure initiatives.
- Coordinate delivery of infrastructure services and upgrade activities with IT Operations, Enterprise Architecture/Engineering and business technology organizations.
- Collaborate with engineering and operations teams to implement new server infrastructure services and retire EOL infrastructure.
- Coordinate with appropriate teams to implement remote office solutions.
- Participate in Business Continuation / Disaster Recovery infrastructure planning and testing.
- Candidate should be available during core US business hours (Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST US). Must be available to work outside normal business hours to support domestic, international and production project requirements.
- Work independently as required
- Travel may be required based on the initiative
The following skills are preferred:
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years IT infrastructure experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills within a diverse technological environment
- Proficient knowledge in MSOffice products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with server infrastructure technologies
- Experience with self-service technologies and implementation
- Proficient understanding of business continuation and disaster recovery planning
- Experience implementing, measuring and maintaining SLAs and SLCs
- Ability to work in a highly active, fast paced production environment, to meet critical deadlines and SLA's
- Ability to effectively communicate at senior levels of an organization
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives with competing priorities
- Broad knowledge and understanding of IT infrastructure and cloud services
- Proficient understanding of server operating systems including but not limited to Windows 2008, Windows 2012, RHEL v6, RHEL v7
- Working knowledge in data analysis and business intelligence tools
- ITIL certification
- Knowledge and experience working with IT Service Management applications
- Experience leading efforts that drive organizational change
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Power BI or Tableau
- Experience playing a role in design/testing of customer facing applications
- Project Management certification