- The candidate will be part of the Infrastructure Service Management (ISM) Team within the Cloud Infrastructure Business Unit.
- The ISM Team is the enabler to the entire IaaS team to improve the customer facing competence of IBM Cloud Infrastructure to internal and external customers, which includes but not restricted to managing timely update / notifications and associated deliverables.
- The ISM Team's focus is on shaping all aspects of Service Management towards a tier 1 customer experience.
- The ISM Team also works with other Cloud Infrastructure teams on proactive and reactive customer communications related to planned and unplanned service disruption incidents.
- The candidate will be part of a team that emphasizes the 'service' in service management to Customer Excellence.
- The candidate will work with other ISM Team members, as well as other groups, to identify opportunities for an improved customer experience through service management in areas such as technical support, incident management, change control, customer communication, process and workflow analysis, performance metric analysis and reporting, and customer communications.
- The candidate must be able to integrate a wide range of Infrastructure and business experience towards customer centric service management solutions.
- The candidate will provide guidance and consulting in the field of operational processes for the management of Cloud Infrastructure environments throughout all phases of a service life-cycle. This will include the design or improvement of Infrastructure Service Management tools and processes to better serve our client's business needs.
- The candidate will use customer feedback and KPI metrics to solve complex issues working in a collaborative team environment.
- The candidate will collate information (from internal stakeholders) to articulate and prepare documents relevant to a service impact with the appropriate verbiage for submission to the customer.
- Conduct presentations with internal executive teams and review committees as and when required (Weekly/Monthly/Ad Hoc)
- Assist in building up best practices and test cases based on historic incidents to ensure identified gaps are closed.
- Document projects, processes, and procedures appropriately for technical, managerial, and customer audiences.
- High School Diploma/ GED required (Bachelor's degree preferred)
- Minimum 8+ experience in a Customer/Service management role a must
- Computer Networking (Storage, Data center, Networking equipment) knowledge a must
- Technical knowledge of cloud environment will be an added advantage
- Experience in IT Service Management preferred
- Working knowledge of ITIL preferable
- Project/Program Management background preferred
- Highly Customer Focused & Customer centric
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flair for identifying potential issues proactively and visualizing long term solutions
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.