Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
The role of the technical engineer is to develop application design and/or design IT infrastructure components to meet business and technical requirements. IT infrastructure may include systems, middleware, database, storage and/or network infrastructure. The engineer must demonstrate the ability to efficiently code, test & certify technology platforms, software and applications. Troubleshoot, debug application(s) and/or IT infrastructure component(s) and recommend enhancements for stable operations. Maintain and patch systems, software and applications to eliminate bug fixes, security vulnerabilities and maintain technology currency of systems and applications. Document design and engineering standards; develop key performance metrics and operational guidelines for consistent & stable design, build, implement and operational processes.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Act as an egineering Subject Matter Expert (SMe)in partnering with, and influencing stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation and to ensure risk are understood and minimized
- Establish policies and standard operating procedures to enable consistent and repeatable execution
- Propose appropriate changes to standards, policies, and procedure based on emerging business/technology trends and operational challenges with the existing guidelines utilizing performance metric and operational SLA
- Plan for adequate capability on systems based on utilization metrics and planned projects to establish supply and demand forecasts
- At the highest level of technical complexity, design and verify the technology solution meets business and technical requirements and is in compliance with enterprise architecture guidelines, technology standards and methodology, and compliance and security standards
- Develop operational model to maintain and operate the application design, including, but not limited to, monitoring, performance and capacity metrics , SLAs, resiliency and disaster recovery plans
- Define success criteria for validation of technology solution and application designs
- Performs required performance tuning and maintenance. Conduct performance measurement and establish updated baseline measures and propose optimized configuration
- As an engineering SME, mentor and lead engineers
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 8 years of related experience
- Experience and ability to provide thought leadership as well as mentor cross-functional application development and test teams and oversee completion of tasks for multi-year technology implementations with multiple projects and work streams
- 8 years of experience in designing, building and maintaining the UNIX and LINUX operating system environments running Database, App and Web servers. (Oracle/Sybase/Tomcat/JBoss/Apache)
- Lead application infrastructure design for building, configuring and deploying application environments with emphasis on usability in both on-premises and external cloud environments.
- Evaluate new technologies such as Machine Learning/AI, Robotics and IoT to develop effective engineering solutions to conduct proof of concept for applicability for various business use cases.
- Subject Matter Expert with excellent understanding of key cloud service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and evaluate opportunities for adoption of cloud for internal applications within a business portfolio. Excellent understanding of data analysis using AWS EMR, Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig and Spark.
- Experience partnering with stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation by automating solutions using APIs and embracing enterprise architectural patterns.
- Highly organized and prepared for quickly adjusting to changing priorities in a complex application environment
- Experience and ability to innovate secure applications using various cybersecurity tools in collaboration with internal teams using DLP, Web Application Firewalls, SIEM, Enterprise Syslog, Analytics and security assessment tools.
- Excellent understanding of physical and virtual infrastructure in compute, network, storage areas; Well-versed in designing high availability/clustering solutions along with broad knowledge of DevOps, Agile, CI/CD and ITSM best practices.
- Significant experience with Data Center operations, Physical/Virtual host provisioning, Business Continuity and Technical Resiliency testing to support applications' required RTO/RPO.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels; Mastery of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Project Server
- Experience and ability to translate application teams' infrastructure requirements into actionable architectural solution specifications for highly visible strategic initiatives with aggressive deadlines.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.