Key Accountabilities Server/Hosting
- Monitor the data center (DC) facility daily and bring to Data Center Management's attention any condition that may threaten the computing systems housed in the DC.
- Engage with Facilities Management (FM) to facilitate fault resolution of operations equipment of any condition that might threaten the computing systems.
- Engage with FM to schedule and supervise periodic housecleaning services.
- Participate in FM testing of backup power and safety systems located in server rooms.
- Coordinate measurement of server room temperature with FM.
- Monitor and notify FM if any of their equipment is in an alarm state on a daily basis.
- Monitor and notify IT if any of their equipment is in an alarm state on a daily basis.
- Shut down and restore power to hardware and equipment hosted in the server room, as needed.
- Act as "hands and eyes" for the Global Hosting team, as needed.
- Other duties as requested.
Candidate Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Check and report the up/down status of switches and other network equipment.
- Check and report the up/down status of wireless access points (WAPs) or network ports, if there is a reported issue.
- Activate ports at users' desks.
- Test ports for activity associated with desk moves.
- Move ports on a switch and provide status updates, if there is a reported issue.
- Spot-check equipment after a planned or unplanned power outage.
- Wire switch cards together for installation.
- Install modules in switches for repair or upgrade.
- Setup laptop for remote configuration (putty simple commands).
- Install switches in network closets.
- Replace bad ethernet patching.
- Troubleshoot and repair WAP connection issues, in coordination with the Global Network team.
- Assist the Global Network team with hardware upgrades.
- Escort Cisco technicians performing network repairs and assist as appropriate.
- Work with the Global Network team to troubleshoot connection issues (PoE, port security, software port locked, etc.)
- Test carrier circuits, as requested
- Power cycle equipment, as requested
- Other duties as requested
Successful candidates will be required to demonstrate the following capabilities & skills:
- Candidates will be considered who have recent Cisco and Microsoft server certifications
- Minimum 2 years' experience supporting Windows environment, in a Desktop Support environment
- Thorough knowledge of Lenovo desktops and laptops as well as MS operating systems and applications
- Ability to install and configure complex software applications and to provide support for upgrades and enhancements
- Experience analyzing, managing, expediting and resolving issues with timely customer follow up
- Analytical, interpersonal, communication, organizational, numerical, and time management skills to meet position objectives
- Proven ability to multitask effectively while maintaining high quality
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment
- Must be able and willing to work in a walk-up tech bar in which customer service skills are paramount and there is a high degree of pressure for quick answers and results
- Must display patience and understanding when dealing with difficult customers (both internal and external) and must be able to resolve difficult interactions effectively
- Must possess a commitment to providing exceptional customer service and focusing on the customer first rather than focusing on SLAs first
Apply now to learn more about this exciting opportunity with a world renowned pharmaceutical brand!
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law
A little about us:
At AstraZeneca, we believe the best way we can help patients is to focus on breakthrough science in order to uncover disease mechanisms and develop novel, targeted therapies that interact with them. This is at the heart of our purpose as a company: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.