Join our dynamic, progressive team of IT professionals in an environment where you can learn, grow, and be an integral part of creating innovative technology solutions to help our business flourish. Become a part of our rich heritage that has grown from a small family business to a global organization with a presence in over 180 countries.
At the heart of the Kellogg Company is technology - a key enabler of how we market, sell and manufacture our well-known and beloved brands to consumers around the globe.
We have an opening for you to grow with us as Infrastructure Support Lead - GBS in Oak Brook, IL or Battle Creek, MI. This critical role will work with a progressive, dynamic group of IT professionals, and will utilize different technical competencies. WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as Infrastructure Support Lead - GBS at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
- Providing Level 2 operation support for WPS & Infrastructure user community on IT solutions
- Researching, analyzing and determining the appropriate course of actions for fixing problems, identifying and mitigating risks, and implement solutions
- Escalating/communicating issues when necessary
- Developing checklists and scripts for resolving routine problems
- Leading short term project planning efforts with team members
Technical requirements for new projects
- Participating in and contributing to technical designs providing impacts to existing systems
- Developing test cases, conducts testing to ensure requirements are met
Policies, Procedures, and Standards
- Adhering to all policies, procedures and standards (includes platform security and change management)
- Following and complying with audit processes
Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Aligning to enterprise standards for monitoring production, outputs, and services to ensure that SLAs, and other quality metrics, are being met
Systems Performance Management
- Recommending and Implementing changes/enhancements for improved systems availability, reliability and performance
Vendor Management and Performance
- Working with vendors to resolve problems
- Monitoring services provided by vendors to ensure service levels meet requirements
Qualifications: WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Coaching team members with less experience
At the Kellogg Company, we recruit the best people to help grow our business and build on our success. To be considered for this position you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business or equivalent work experience
- Experience in Network environment to ensure critical issues are being resolved within SLAs. Able to communicate with senior management on status updates and follow up on all outstanding issues/concerns)
- Experience working both independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of Vendor management
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop great relationships within IT and business teams
- Strong reporting and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills spanning written, verbal and presentation areas
- Experience working with formal project management methodologies or IT Operations methodologies (i.e. ITIL)
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze, communicate and resolve technical and/or process issues
- Problem solving for Network and WPS technical issues, identifying issue trending and creating strategy to eliminate incidents
- Open and collaborative approach to working as a team member
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Experience with the following:
- Tivoli Job Scheduler
- Network technology LAN & WAN
- Server support - Wintel, Unix and Linux
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #LI