With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
Represent and promote full portfolio of IV Systems (IV and Irrigation Solutions, IV Sets, Safety IV Catheters, Large Volume Pumps and Disposable Pump Sets, Syringe Pumps, Pharmacy Admixture Products, Drug Delivery Solutions and automated compounding devices) and chronic care products (incontinence and wound care). Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Sell to and service all Pharmacies (Home Infusion and Closed Shop), Long Term Acute Care Hospitals, Skilled Nursing and DME facilities in the territory
- Develop and maintain relationships with key distribution partners within the territory.
- Call on key call points at the end user customer (materials management, nursing, pharmacy, administration, etc.) in all existing and new opportunities.
- Prepare and deliver effective presentations providing solutions to potential customers.
- Compare competitive proposals and offer solutions to customers.
- Coordinate product evaluations and implementations for clinical staff.
- Assist peers with product evaluations and conversions.
- Communicate comprehensive and efficient sales reports to management as directed.
- Maintain weekly expense reports.
- Prepare territory forecasts to goal attainment.
- Maintain accurate customer records, call documentation, and written correspondence.
- Advanced computer aptitude, especially Word, Excel, web browsers.
- Basic understanding of non acute healthcare market structure and role of personnel.
- Ability to initiate projects and tasks with little or no direction.
- Ability to make decisions independently, sometimes without many facts available, to solve customer problems or concerns.
- Ability to work well independent of supervision as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-3 years outside sales experience
- Extensive travel required. (overnight stays).
- Valid driver's license and registration.
- Previous medical device sales experience preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
#IN2017 Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.