Spectrum News NY1 is available on channels 1 and 200 for Spectrum customers throughout New York City’s five boroughs. Spectrum News NY1 serves Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and Staten Island and provides 24-hour local news, politics, features and weather seven days a week. The network is also available on Cablevision systems in Brooklyn and the Bronx on channel 8, on Bright House systems in Central Florida on channel 1210, in Hudson Valley (New York) on channel 1, and in North Carolina on channel 215. The 24-hour news channel shares content with its sister channels in the Spectrum News Networks family: Spectrum News channels in Albany, Hudson Valley, Syracuse, Binghamton and Buffalo, New York; in Austin and San Antonio, Texas; and in Tampa and Orlando, Florida. SUMMARY
Responsible for media flow throughout the newsroom. Will coordinate with all departments on the ingesting of media and its corresponding data. Will have overall responsibility for monitoring media status,
availability and quality control. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prioritize media based on immediate needs.
- Book Satellite and Fiber feeds when needed.
- Tune in satellite feeds using the CompuSat system.
- Select proper method of ingest.
- Tune in NY1 microwave trucks using the WesCam system.
- Ensure accuracy of media labeling.
- Notify media status when retrieving from archive.
- Ensure data attached to media is complete.
- Oversees the life cycle of media content.
- Deletes and retains content upon instruction.
- Saves all useable media into archive system.
- Works with assignment desk to coordinate incoming media.
- Works with News Department personnel for distribution of incoming media.
- Works with librarian.
- Works with traffic department on ingesting commercials.
- Works with creative department.
- Works with local newsgroup affiliates to coordinate inbound or outbound feeds.
- Works with Media Manager to ensure all content restrictions and retention periods are adhered to.
- Makes certain all inbound video and audio meets quality standards by using a Vector Scope and Waveform.
Other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College Degree with a major in TV Production preferred or equivalent.
- Some broadcasting experience necessary such as production assistant or
master control operator.
Only applicants who apply online at https://jobs.spectrum.com/
will be considered.Spectrum supports a drug-free environment and is EOE M/F/V/D.
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.