At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Initial License Trainee attends initial certification class to attain their Senior Reactor Operator License from the NRC. Upon certification they will be fully licensed to supervise the operations of the reactor control room.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Candidates attending class with the intent of attaining an SRO License
-completion of Fundamentals Phase
-completion of Simulator Certification
-acquiring SRO status
-attainment of NRC SRO License
- Study time, field time needed to attain licensed status
- Project work, outage assignments, or duties as assigned to support the site operations
- High School Diploma with some technical experience
-5 years of Operating experience or Engineering degree or equivalent if filling STA role
- Successful completion of SLP class
- Need to be able to start in June 2017 for a January 2018 class start date
- Through classroom, simulator and on-the-job experiences develop the required skills and knowledge to qualify as a senior reactor operator license holder.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor