At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:
The person hired for the position of Injections Molding and Coater Technician will provide cross-functional technical support to injection molding and coating operations. Assist in maintaining documentation systems to support safety, housekeeping, quality, and equipment preventive maintenance systems. Provide technical support for injection molding, mold maintenance, assist in mold repair, coating operations, machine trouble shooting, machine repair, process adjustments, projects, experiments and process improvement teams. Promote safety, housekeeping, teamwork, and positive attitudes.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Follow all 3M Plant and Departmental Safety Rules and Regulations, including Lock Out/Tag Out procedures.
- Promote and train on injection molding and coating equipment as required by the job
- Follow Plant and Departmental LEAN 5S guidelines
- Train injection molding and coating personnel on fundamental process controls, material handling, material flow, mixing, and general injection molding and coating operations.
- Must be able to follow procedures and assist updating documentation, such as equipment Standard Work, Standard Operating Procedures, Make Orders, Standards, Operating Test Methods, Bill of materials, etc. as needed
- Strong working knowledge and able to train on injection molding and coating controls. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, email, and other department equipment computer programs which are widely used within the department is required
- Will be required to use test equipment, record test results, and make changes based on test results, using test instruments as prescribed by the documentation. Must be able to operate a balance, calculator, stop watch, caliper, etc., and read precise settings on the testing instruments. Determine process disposition of materials produced per documentation. Follow plant procedure for non-conforming products and escalate quality issues as determined by standards
- Set up, heat up, start up, operate, troubleshoot, and adjust process settings on the injection molding and coating equipment per standard. This includes cool down, controlled and emergency shut down on the injection molding equipment. Will be required to identify potential malfunctions on injection molding and coating equipment. Required to contact maintenance, process engineering, technical support or supervision as needed per escalation process
- Operate hoists and PIV's that are required used in the area
- Adhere to waste stream profiles
- Assist department technical personnel with problem solving and experimental activities
- Assist maintenance with troubleshooting and equipment repair as directed
- Provide analysis, spreadsheets, charts, and graphs related to injection molding processes
- Active in process improvement teams
- Maintain good work ethic and confidentiality
- Successfully complete all designated training
- Provide required communications to all levels in our focus factory
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor
This position will require:
- Working a fixed 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift, depending on shift availability
This position may require:
- Weekend work
- Working overtime
- Working on holidays as needed
- Short notice shift coverage or on-call work
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum one (1) year of experience working with Injection Molding Technology, Machine Tool Technology, Plastics Technology, or Tool and Die OR minimum one (1) semester of post-secondary education in Injection Molding Technology, Machine Tool Technology, Plastics Technology, or Tool and Die in lieu of experience
- Possesses or in the last six (6) months of completing a two (2) year technical degree in a Machine Tool Technology, Injection Molding Technology, Plastics Technology, or Tool and Die field OR minimum three (3) years of Injection Molding and Coating experience in lieu of degree
- Experience troubleshooting and problem solving in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of five (5) years manufacturing experience
- Experience with hydraulic and electric injection molding processes, and coating processes
- Experience in mold care, repair, installation & removal of molds
Location: Valley, NE
Relocation: Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M elected testing as a part of the selection process.About 3M
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $ 30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @ 3M or @3MNewsroom.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.