PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.Job Description
The Assurance Innovation group is developing capabilities leveraging the latest in Open Source technologies to automate and accelerate our client engagements across the enterprise. We are focused on incorporating the latest in machine learning, Big Data, NoSQL, cutting edge development languages,
and advanced data processing techniques to include structured and unstructured information in a loosely coupled ecosystem delivering a technology platform that positions PwC for the future.
DevOps works closely with development teams to plan, deploy, and support multiple applications across our working environments. Daily, the team utilizes best practices to assure smooth application integration across the Innovation teamâ€™s entire architecture, as well as research, design, and prototype new solutions to facilitate application growth.
Every day our team:
- Works with various data stores to include SQL, NO-SQL and distributed filesystem storage;
- Experiments with Big Data tools and open source technologies as well as research 3rd party technologies;
- Participates in release planning;
- Maintains and assures uptime of containerized applications in hosted environments;
- Monitors service trends to identify opportunities for improvements with existing frameworks, tools, and processes; and,
- Audits and improves system metrics and alarms.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 3 years of Linux system administration or dev ops experience.
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in one of the following: Accounting, Finance/Economics, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, Statistics Mathematics, Regulatory Compliance, Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics and/or other business field of study.
Degree Preferred: Master's degree in Computer Science, or other technical related field.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success performing on teams or leading workstreams involving DevOps for a global network of professional services firms, emphasizing the following areas:
- Linux/Unix environment/System administration;
- Configuration Management;
- Multiple scripting languages on Linux Platform (bash, awk, sed, python);
- Cloud-hosted systems;
- Hardware capabilities;
- Transport security, ssh and certificates;
- Docker Containers for application deployment;
- Relational databases;
- NoSQL data stores; and,
- Distributed/clustered or grid computing systems.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success performing on teams and/or leading workstreams involving DevOps for a global network of professional services firms, emphasizing the following areas:
- Administering Linux OS to include network and software application configuration;
- Configuring continuous integration within a development environment using tools such as Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Git and Nexus;
- Automating repetitive development, operations and deployment tasks;
- Documenting systems and networks, refining requirements, self-identify solutions and communicate to the team;
- Managing databases, including database design, creation, manipulation and query; and,
- Utilizing enterprise tools (such as BPM or ESB tools) for orchestration of services and workflows, as well as messaging queues (e.g. RabbitMQ).