PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.Job Description
The Assurance Innovation group is developing capabilities leveraging the latest in Open Source technologies to automate and accelerate our client engagements across the enterprise. We are focused on incorporating the latest in machine learning, Big Data, NoSQL, cutting edge development languages,
and advanced data processing techniques to include structured and unstructured information in a loosely coupled ecosystem delivering a technology platform that positions PwC for the future.
Our team is comfortable performing tasks at any level of the technology stack ranging from backend database to front end UI helping where problems exist and being flexible in approach collaborating with others. Every day our team:
- Works with various data stores to include SQL, NO-SQL and distributed file system storage
- Develop and integrate capabilities across APIs with back-end services written in one or more languages, e.g. Java, Scala, REST, etc.
- Experiment with Big Data tools and open source technologies as well as research 3rd party technologiesPosition/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 10 of software development and architecture experience.
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree or 7 or more years in enterprise software architecture design and experience leading teams.
Degree Preferred: Master's degree in Computer Science, or other related technical field.
Demonstrates thought leader-level knowledge with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in the following areas:
- Java or Scala software development languages;
- Cloud based platforms;
- Natural language processing techniques and leading technologies;
- Machine learning algorithms and leading technologies;
- Web application design and application frameworks such as Play or Spring;
- REST services and middle tier business layer design patterns;
- Relational databases and SQL;
- Database design, creation, manipulation and query;
- NoSQL datastores; and,
- Linux OS and development tooling as well as open source libraries.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in the following areas:
- Use leadership skills to engage with stakeholders, technology specialists and account managers;
- Use communication skills to effectively and efficiently translate business requirements into technical specifications and test cases;
- Develop strategies and road maps with IT architecture focus;
- Lead developers code using object oriented design, implementation and maturation to take advantage of the language feature sets;
- Assess and review code to establish it is efficient code which is concise and best utilizes system resources which can become constrained in a big data environment;
- Refine requirements, self-identify solutions and communicate to the team;
- Use pattern match, regex creation and approach to decompose unstructured text; and,
- Utilize enterprise BPMN tools for orchestration of services and workflows.
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.