PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.Job Description
The Assurance Innovation group is developing capabilities leveraging the latest in Open Source technologies to automate and accelerate our client engagements across the enterprise. We are focused on incorporating the latest in machine learning, Big Data, NoSQL, cutting edge development languages,
and advanced data processing techniques to include structured and unstructured information in a loosely coupled ecosystem delivering a technology platform that positions PwC for the future.
Our team is comfortable performing tasks at any level of the technology stack ranging from backend database to front end UI helping where problems exist and being flexible in approach collaborating with others. Every day our team:
- Works with various data stores to include SQL, NO-SQL and distributed file system storage
- Develop and integrate capabilities across APIs with back-end services written in one or more languages, e.g. Java, Scala, REST, etc.
- Experiment with Big Data tools and open source technologies as well as research 3rd party technologiesPosition/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 5
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree or 7 or more years in enterprise software architecture design and experience leading teams.
Degree Preferred: Master's degree in Computer Science or other related technical field.
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success the following areas, preferably for the US risk assurance practice of a global network of professional services consulting firms:
- Performing as a team leader to include leading teams to generate a vision, establishing direction, motivating members, creating an atmosphere of trust, leveraging diverse views, coaching staff, and encouraging improvement and innovation;
- Leveraging knowledge of enterprise systems design, application scaling, performance evaluation, and architecture refinement;
- Demonstrating experience with Java, Scala based platforms, open source tooling and Linux OS development;
- Understanding NoSQL database models, XML, relational and other database models and associated SQL;
- Demonstrating knowledge of Natural Language Processing, Named Entity Recognition, Machine Learning and general unstructured data analytics; and,
- Demonstrating knowledge of full stack development with comfort and familiarity of continuous integration tooling such as Docker, Jenkins, Chef, and Puppet.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas, preferably for the US risk assurance practice of a global network of professional services consulting firms:
- Creating design documentation, assisting in project planning, and leading staff in the development of complex systems;
- Demonstrating extensive proficiency with algorithm optimization, system security, and distributed computing;
- Managing of multi-tier applications and leveraging loosely coupled services into composable capabilities;
- Leveraging the ability to code backend business services and assist in front end UI efforts; and,
- Utilizing leadership know-how of the open source community, especially working with a large array of open source tools / libraries and languages.
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.