The role is responsible for developing and executing project plans, including specific deliverables, resources and timelines, for specific initiatives in support of the global Nutrition R&D organization. In addition, this position will also have strong executional focus as a R&D Innovation Director for the Sports Hydration Platform, working with key stakeholders to develop aligned Technical Roadmaps and lead highly-complex technical breakthrough projects. Working in a matrix environment, successful candidate will partner with both business and R&D leaders, leverage both internal and external innovation to translate consumer demand into R&D solutions that meet all quality and food safety requirements.
- Develop and Deliver an aligned Technical Roadmap (3+ years) for related Cohorts/ Demand Spaces
- Specifically for Sports Hydration, develop a Technical Roadmap in line with our approach of Lift & Adapt and moving to Breakthrough Innovation
- Establish deep and broad knowledge of category platform, technology levers and cohort nutritional needs
- Know the regional needs closely (incl. the underpinning consumer, customer and internal infrastructure as well as regional nutrition deficiencies and culinary traditions
- Leverage Foresight and Insight to integrate in strategic planning (PSP) and Demand Spaces
- Articulate content and priorities/resourcing in support of S&PM PSP/AOP
- Represent platform at ILT and SG process and ensure internal and external workstreams are synchronized.
- Manage project budget (R&D)
- BS degree in Food Science, Engineering, or Technical Field; advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years R&D experience
- An affinity to and understanding of the Nutrition category and competitive market
- 3+ years in R&D management with global experience preferred
- Broad understanding of new product innovation from concept to execution with strong technical knowledge
- Ability to focus on innovation leadership with strong anticipation of issues, risk management skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of both internal and external markets, Supply Chain and strategic sourcing
- Deep analytical skills, effective "synthesis" strategic skills and strategy articulation/integration
- Global perspective and cultural appreciation
- Proficiency of PepsiCo Processes and Systems
- Connections within PepsiCo and External (Suppliers, Academia, Consultants)
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.